Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Nylah was startled out of her thoughts when Loki's mouth began to move – and in response, Valkyrie threw a glass bottle against the wall beside him. Loki, however, was unphased by the action.

"The Grandmaster has a great many ships..." Loki explained shortly after the glass bottle had shattered, showing no sign of fear, as usual. "I may have even stolen the access codes to his security system."

The Valkyrie scoffed. "And suddenly you're overcome with an urge to do the right thing?"

"Heavens, no," Loki chuckled slightly, though Nylah's heart sunk. "I've run out of favour with the Grandmaster and in exchange for codes and access to a ship... I'm asking for safe passage through the Anus."

Nylah almost choked on her own saliva simply at the name of the dying neutron star that Bruce and Thor had mentioned; though, she had not paid any attention to their conversation earlier, so you can imagine why it was quite shocking to hear for her. Who on this planet would call a dying neutron star after an anus?

Thor, who was obviously suspicious of his brother, tilted his head to the side curiously. "You're telling us that you can get us access into the garage without us setting off any alarms?"

Loki, with useful look of mischief evident on his face, nodded. "Yes, brother. I can."

"Yeah, okay – can we uh—" Bruce pressed his lips together and whistled, using his hands to motion for a circle to be formed. "Just a quick FYI..."

Nylah was not interested in their little anti-Loki conversation, and instead, she walked over to her brother and hoped to get something out of him. Preferably, she hoped that Loki would tell her that he planned for no murders to be committed, only to make Bruce a little more accepting of Loki. She knelt to the ground and glanced at the chains that were wrapped around his body, holding him in his place. A gentle smile curved onto his lips – while Thor mumbled the story of the time that Loki had transformed himself into a snake in front of Thor when they were children.

"Loki..." Nylah attempted to scold him for looking so amused, but her brother shrugged his shoulders as if he had done nothing wrong.

"It's not my fault I was a clever child." Nylah gave her brother a warning look at his response, but nonetheless, she moved in closer to him. She was hesitant in asking her next question, scared that it would offend him, but it needed to be asked – not to make her feel safe, but for Bruce, the very anxious Midgardian.

"You're not planning on committing a mass-murder anytime soon, are you?"

Loki looked down at his sister as his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "And why would you ask that, sister?"

"Well..." Nylah swallowed as she turned her head to look back at Bruce hesitantly, who's eyes were looking everywhere but at Loki. "It seemed as though you have convinced Bruce Banner otherwise."

"—we need to draw some guards away from the palace." Valkyrie and Thor's plan, conversation, whatever you wanted to call it, caught the ears of Loki – who was supposed to be physically telling Nylah that he did not plan for a mass-murder to be committed, so Bruce could have at least a hint of knowing that he was going to remain safe.

"Why not set the beast loose?" Loki suggested as a smirk began to form on his lips – this was no time to set the beast loose. However, perhaps if the Hulk was set loose near the spaceships Thor and Valkyrie were talking about, perhaps it could be a half-decent idea.

"Shut up." Thor grumbled before turning back to Valkyrie with a non-suspicious smile.

Valkyrie's face lit up in excitement. "You guys have a beast?"