"C'mon, Mari. All of your little habits and you had to teach him the nonchalant trauma." Eddie leaned back in the small chairs they were seated in, waiting for the English teacher.

She gasped at his words and stared at him. "The audacity! What would you have rather I taught him?"

"I'm just messing with you, sweetheart." He grinned as she rolled her eyes, nudging his leg with her foot. He reached down and squeezed her knee which caused her to yelp at the ticklish sensation and tumble out of her chair. Edde burst into laughter, reaching down to help his girlfriend back up into her seat as she cursed him out under her breath.

"I'm sorry," he snickered as she crossed her arms and refused to look at him. He leaned over and peppered her cheek with kisses. Mariana broke into a small smile and shoved him back into his seat.

"Compórtate, chato," she hissed.

"Después de esta reunión, tú y yo...nuestra cama...¿qué piensas?" he commented.

"¿Qué piensas? Pienso que esta es una escuela en Los Ángeles donde muchas personas hablan español y tú necesitas modales. Ay Dios mios, te quiero pero me sacas de quicio."

He stared at her in shock and began to ask her to repeat herself when the door opened. The English teacher entered with a sigh, smiling at the couple before her.

"So sorry to keep you waiting. My last student's father asked a surprising amount of questions," she explained. "You must be Mr and Mrs Diaz?"

Mariana once again went to correct her when Eddie smoothly intercepted the question.

"Just Eddie and Mari is fine," he greeted.

"Short for Edmundo and Mariana, I presume."

"Most people guess Eduardo."

"Growing up I had a grandfather named Edmundo," she explained. "He was my favorite. And Mariana, I've heard a lot about you from your son. Speaking of which, let's talk about Christopher. He's been doing really well in my class. His verbal skills have definitely improved. He's still a little shy about reading out loud, but he definitely understands the material. I attribute that to him being read to from an early age up until now, so bravo there."

Her statement was seemingly directed at Eddie who immediately shook his head. "No, we have his mother and Mariana to thank for that."

"Christopher tells me that you've kept it up even when Mariana is working at the hospital."

"I try to do the voices, but she's better at it. We're making our way through...what series now?"

"Just finished Nancy Drew and started on the Hardy Boys. I have Little House and Junie B. Jones next on the lineup," Mariana immediately answered. "I like to throw in the occasional Froggy books just for fun."

"They're a regular at the library now," he commented with a fondness coating his words.

"I would love to talk to you about coming in one day and reading to the class. I know you're busy enough with work but-"

"Of course," Mariana laughed. "As long as Chris is okay with it."

"That's really great that you're taking into consideration his feelings too. He talks about you and Eddie constantly. I hear you're quite the hero."

Mariana grinned brightly, tangling her fingers with Eddie's instinctively. He squeezed her hand at the sight of the pride beaming through her.

"Christopher is also one of our most popular students," Ms. Flores continued. "He loves making the other kids laugh."