Darkness. Fear. Loneliness. That was all you could feel. And then...everything went still. A sharp gasp left your mouth as your eyes snapped open. Peace.

Your first noticed that your body was floating a couple feet off the ground. Bits of dirt were speckled on you, and you were looking up at something very green. By some invisible force, you were slowly lowered onto the ground that was covered in grass.

You started to regain your senses, and you noticed you were barefoot. A simple white dress with thin straps that reached your knees covered your body, although there was some dirt on it. You brushed off as much as you could.

Looking around, you saw a long curtain of leaves on thin branches completely surrounding you. Behind you was a rectangular pile of disturbed dirt, dual daggers resting right below it in holsters. A single willow tree was planted right behind the pile of dirt. You picked up the daggers, and you noticed their design looked familiar to you. Strapping the daggers to your thigh, the weight of them there felt right for some reason. Cautiously, you stood up and stepped through the willow leaves.

As you pushed the leaves away, you found yourself in a grassy meadow under a starry sky with a full moon. The night was cool and a soft breeze blew through your hair. Green trees surrounded the meadow, making it hard to see beyond them. A pond was settled a couple feet in front of the willow tree. You walked forward and kneeled at the edge of it. You looked down into the water. Even though it was dark, you could still see your reflection in the placid water with the help of the light of the moon.

You gasped once you saw your face reflecting back at you. All of your memories came rushing back at you. Your family, your village, your old life. You remembered your sister and how she used to make you flower crowns every spring. The owner of the bakery that always gave you your favorite sweet if you told her a new thing you learned. There was the river close to the village you remembered spending most of your time by. Exploring nature, helping your mother with making dinner and new clothes each year for your family. Your father telling you stories as he chopped wood for your family and others, and his lessons on how use his daggers that became yours as a gift. The time you spilled a bucket of water on the schoolhouse bully, and the other time you made you stuffed your sister's pillow with leaves one fall.

Every moment in your life came rushing back at you in a single second, including your final moments. The cold, the weariness, the long journey you took to get back home, and how you wished you were with your family in the end. There was nothing for a short moment after, and then you woke up under the willow tree. With all the memories rushing back to you, somehow you felt like you were still missing something.

Looking at yourself in the pond again, you noticed the only difference in your appearance was the streaks of P/c in your hair. You gently ran your fingers through your hair and sat back in the grass in shock.

Once your hands touched the ground, you gasped as red marigold flowers sprouted up fully grown at the tips of your fingers. You stood up to see a short line of the flowers had ringed the edge of the pond. With a grin on your lips, you stepped to the side and more flowers sprouted up around you. This time they were yellow mums.

You thought for a moment, and then carefully pointed your toe at a small patch of dirt. Immediately, a F/f bloomed in the spot strong and lively. With a giggle, you tip-toed around making more of those flowers sprout with every step.

You laughed with glee and started to run around the meadow, flowers of every kind and every color following you in your wake. Honeysuckles, daffodils, tulips, peonies, and many more in every color of the rainbow and in between. The grass started to look greener somehow, and the plants around the pond become more lively each time you came close to it. The meadow began to have a floral scent and almost every patch of grass had a flower growing from it.

You leaped with joy, and an invisible force caught you in the middle of the air, gently moving you over the flowers. You yelped as you tried to catch your balance, and the force softly held you under your feet. You realized that it was a breeze that was holding you up in the air, accommodating to your every move so you weren't wobbling anymore. Once you could stand comfortably, you urged the wind to carry you across the meadow and it listened.

You sped around on the breeze for some time, enjoying the ride and the freeing feeling. Suddenly, you heard a laugh come from beyond the trees, and you almost launched yourself into the pond from the sudden sound. You stood still and heard another laugh, this time louder. You willed the wind to follow where the voice was coming from, and you gracefully zipped into the grove of trees. A moment later, you saw a village up ahead. You smiled when you saw it was in fact the village you grew up in. You made the breeze let you down to the ground once you reached the fence.

The place looked exactly as you remembered it. Nothing had changed from what you could see. People you recognized and some you didn't milled around the village. You entered the area looking around to see if you could find someone in your family. Deciding to ask after you couldn't, you stepped in front of a woman who was carrying a stack of cloths.

"Excuse me," you said. "Do you know where-?"

A sharp gasp left your mouth as the woman walked straight through you. A feeling of emptiness and loneliness attacked your body. Your chest heaved with sudden heavy breaths. You stood there in complete shock, not knowing what had just happened. As you were distracted, more people walked through you and those feelings rose up in you violently each time.

No one could see you. You thought you were a ghost. You had to be.

Tears pricked at the corner of your eyes. Your breaths started to become more rapid. You ran all the way back to the meadow, not putting much thought into the trees that were seemingly trying to grab at you. Roots that you had missed because of your flight made you stumble. The ground was cold and hard and uneven underneath your feet. Finally, you broke through the trees and collapsed to your knees in the meadow. Purple hyacinths bloomed in front of you.

You knew in the back of your mind that you had died. Some part of you wished by some miracle you had survived that night, but that woman confirmed it. Now you weren't sure what you were.

A beam of light from the moon suddenly shone down on you. You looked up at it and heard a voice whisper in your head. Somehow you knew it was the moon who was speaking to you- the Man in the Moon.

He said you were Y/n L/n, the spirit of spring.

Hope you all enjoyed the prologue! An introduction to you! Sorry if you don't like daggers as a weapon choice. I try my best to have my reader inserts be so everyone can put in their own preferences and the story will work with every person's, but weapons are a lot harder to do that since I can't account for and describe the use of them since there are so many different types and they all require different ways on how to use all of them. It just makes it a lot easier for me to write the story. Next chapter gets into the actual events of the movie. Let me know what you all think so far! Comment and vote! -Anna