Dark Side - A One Direction Fanfic

[Zayn's Point Of View]

It was the last year of highschool. Finally. My life as a highschooler had been totally horrible, from my grades to my friends. Nothing was going right for me at all. But then again, its me Zayn Malik, nothing ever goes right for me. I always feel like an outcast, a nobody. I mean sure I was the most popular, most athletic, and most desired guy in my entire school, but that meant nothing considering my peers thought of me as nothing more than an object. A tough guy with a nice face. That's all I was to them. And for the first three years of Highschool, I was fine with that. I enjoyed the attention I was getting. Who cares about grades when you've got every girl in school wanting to be with you and every guy wanting to be you. But year four, was when my life took a turn.

I woke up, late as usual. School started at 8 AM and I had always seemed to have slept through the ringing of my alarm clock. I was always a heavy sleeper, it took so much to get me up in the morning, especially a school morning. It was twelve when I decided I'd get up and start to get ready.

I rolled out of my bed, greeted with cold air. I wanted so badly to just wrap myself back up in the warm comfortable sheets that lay now bunched up on my matress. But if i were to miss one more day of school, the administrators would call my parents, and tell them that I was skipping school. Not that my parents cared or anything. No one was ever home most of the time, I was basically just left to fend for myself. I pretty much knew how to take things into my own hands though. I could cook for myself, well sorta. I could do laundry, well when I wasn't acting lazy. I was getting along pretty well by myself. Who needs parents when you can look after yourself. Then again I was eighteen.

I slipped a pair of jeans on, and an old black t-shirt over my head. I walked into the bathroom and opened up the cupboard door to get my toothbrush. I clicked off the cap of my toothpaste and smeared the mint substance on the bristles of my brush. It took me forever to brush my teeth in the morning, because I would always find myself smiling at myself in the mirror, practicing my seductive stares. I was a bit full of myself, not gonna lie. Around 12:45 I left for school.

I had to walk to school, because my liscense was suspended for "driving under the influence". Which was completely ridiculous, I mean it was only weed I could drive just fine. The police seemed to think I was putting myself in danger so they revoked my liscense. My parents were pretty pissed at me though. Not because of drugs, they didn't care about that, but the fact that I could no longer drive them places anymore. School was about half a mile from my house, and it took me about 25 minutes to get there if I walked fast. I finally got there at around 1:15 PM. I had missed lunch, and it was time for biology class. Damn I was hungry.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Malik, late as usual. What was it this time? Did you sleep through you're alarm again?" My teacher remarked as I walked in, and walked over to an empty desk. I was too tired to think of something smart to say so I just sat down. I sat by myself in most of my classes because no one really wanted to sit by me. Well it was more like I didn't want anyone to sit by me. I could hear the class snickering around me, at the teachers smartass remark, but to be honest I could care less. I had just gotten comfortable in my desk chair when the door pushed open. It was a handsome boy, with the most magnificent shiny brown curls that bounced with each step. His eyes were bright, and his incredibly pink lips came to a big smile. He wore a tight dark colored v-neck shirt, and a pair of blue skinny jeans. I couldn't help but stare.

"Class we have a new student transferring from our sister school and his name is..." The teacher trailed off, and looked over at the boy.

"My names Harry. Harry Styles" The boy said with a smile looking at everyone in the class. Everyone just stared back at him stone faced, except for me. I had a pretty noticable grin on my face. He saw me smiling and then, if possible, seemed to smile bigger. This caused everyone to turn around to look at me. My smile quickly faded away into a straight line. What was I doing.