The Jacket Story [One-Shot]

Start from the beginning

"Ma'am, Sir..10 na po. Pasarado na po ung school. Baka mapagalitan po kasi kami eh. Pasensya na. Matagal pa po ba kayo?"

Si Kuya guard naman oh!

"Ay okay lang kuya. Magliligpit lang kami dito. Sorry." Ara approached kuya and apologized. Sunod naman ako.

"Okay lang po. Kailangan nyo po ba ng tulong?"

"Ay no need na kuya! We can handle this na." I made akbay. What?! What was I thinking?! She didnt react naman so...

"O sige po Sir. Hantayin ko nalang kayo sa baba." Then he went to the elevator na.

"So anong trip mo?" She looked at me funny then at the arm draped around her. Awkward so I removed it na.

"Wala. Panira ng moment." Then I laughed. Joke lang naman. Sana gets nya.

"Hahahaha! Sira!" We started packing up the equipments. Medyo quiet na coz we were in a hurry. On our way down, she started the conversation.

"Thanks sa tulong ha! Nahassle ka pa."

"No prob idol! Good luck with the season. Next month na no?"

"Yup. Nakakakaba."

"Ikaw? With the way you're practicing, I dont think you have to be."

"Never be too complacent. Ganyan last year." Her look turned sad. Then I remembered their last season. Tama sya. But I dont want her to be sad. Hindi bagay sa idol ko.

"Hey! There's a difference between confidence and complacency. Confident ka dapat. La Salle athletes, specially the Lady Spikers, have a reputation to uphold diba? We got swag!" I grazed my thumb sa nose ko with an angas face matching kagat labi.

Napatawa sya bigla. "Funny ka pala."

"Oo naman! What's your impression of me ba?" Do I look masungit and grumpy to her? Grabe.

"Wala naman. Kala ko serious kid ka eh. Pag kasama mo sina FatherF medyo poker face ka parati."

"Hahaha. Kelan yun? Hindi ah! Smiling face ako!" I flashed her my charming smile. Then winked at her.

She pretended to gag. Hahaha, this girl is too cute. "Madalas. Last term parang ang sungit sungit mo sa class."

Last term? Classmate ko sya? I dont recall. Then again, I was a mess last term. Kakabreak lang namin ni... "Ay really? Di ah! I was going through some things lang siguro. I'm a happy person! Swear!"

"Okay. Fine. Sabi mo eh!" She rolled her eyes. She's sarcastic. Hahaha. She's like this pala.

We're at the ground floor na. Heavy drizzle nalang ung ulan. "O pano, balik na ko ng dorm. Salamat sa tulong ha." She gave me a shy smile. I just noticed how adorable that is.

I was too caught up with her smile that I just noticed she's walking in the rain without an umbrella. Without thinking twice I shouted at her. "Wait!" She looked back and had a questioning look.

"Uhhhh.." I frantically searched for an umbrella in my bag. Hassle naman, Thomas. Bakit mo ba kasi tinawag pa? Wala ka naman umbrella. Awkward tuloy.

Good thing I saw my varsity jacket. Nakakahiya kay Ara. She's been standing in the rain for a bit. I rushed to her side to cover her head with the jacket. "Here." Then I ran straight to the direction of my dorm.

When I looked back, I saw her still standing there. She's looking at my direction. I just smiled at her and waved her off. Boy, was this day awkward.