I look at the article and see photos of him, and Galina exchanging hugs as they are with the kids and my heart sinks a little. I knew I always gave him a hard time about possibly going back to her, but I didn't think he would actually do it. 

Maybe I should talk to him about jumping to conclusions? Then again, what if all of this was true and talking to him face to face would just make it worse?

We hadn't really been talking since my cast was taken off so maybe he really was just there to help me as a friend. But, would that explain the kisses? The "I love you's"? Was it all a lie?

I had just returned from physical therapy when I saw the headline on twitter, and lots of people had already speculated Roman and I so they were tweeting me about it. 

The one person I hadn't heard from, was Roman himself about the situation.

I knew he had taken the kids out of state for a week, but he never goes a single night without at least texting me once. 

RM: "Hey, have you seen twitter?" 

Me: "Yes."

RM: "Has he talked to you?"

Me: "No, we haven't spoke in almost a week. I knew he was taking the kids, but I didn't know she would be joining them."

RM: "I'm sorry, Marlana."

Me: "I'll be okay. I knew I shouldn't have fell for him in the first place. I just need to be alone right now so I will talk to you tomorrow."

RM: "Okay, I love you!" 

Me: "I love you too!" 

I put my phone on airplane mode and go into my bedroom to grab clothes to change into after I take a shower. 

I turn on the shower, and step into the hot, cascading water. I lean forward and let the water fall down my cold and aching body. I think back to all the moments I have shared with Roman. The intense fights with him and Galina. The kisses to both my lips, and my forehead. 

The tears start to flow, and my head just kept replaying the pictures over and over again. Why would he lie? Why would he do this to me after everything we have been through already? Why make me look stupid?

I finish up my shower, and go lay into my bed, and turn the TV on, scrolling through channels although I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else at the moment. 

I hook my phone up to the charger next to my bed and turn off the TV, and the light in my bedroom and lay there staring at the ceiling, until my tears made me tired enough to pass out. 

The next morning, I jolt awake to a loud banging on my door. I check the time to see that it was 1 in the afternoon. Fuck, was I late to something? 

I run into the living room, and look in the peep hole of my door to see Roman was the one beating it down. "Marlana open up please." He says and I knew I shouldn't have, but I unlock and open my door but don't let him in. 

"Marlana, let me in please. I know you saw it, but it isn't what you think." He says, his body frantic. 

"It's okay, Roman. We weren't really together. I can't say it's cheating, because we weren't a couple. I just wish I was stupid enough to let you in." I say and try to shut the door, but he blocks it with his foot. 

"Marlana, nothing happened. I swear." He says, and I see my neighbors come out to see what was happening. Roman looks behind me, and I wave off the neighbor to let them know I was okay. "Baby girl, let me in so we can talk about this." He says.