xii. Journey To Hogsmeade

Start from the beginning

"Tell Marlene what?" Emeli questioned as she scrunched her nose in confusion.

Lori devilishly grinned, "He knows what."

       It seemed to be obvious for everyone but Marlene that the notorious slytherin comedian that was able to make even the most boring and serious class of ravenclaws bust out in laughter fancied the blonde beaut a whole lot.

       Julian scowled down at Lori as she covered her mouth, unable to stop the giggles from escaping. He couldn't prevent the next words that tumbled from his mouth.

       "And what about you, huh?"

       The freckled girl rolled her eyes with a lighthearted scoff before asking, "What about me?"

       "Don't play dumb! You and Klay."

Emeli gasped.

       The asian's words was all it took for the smile to drop. What? How the fuck does Julian know about me and Klay's snog, Lori thought in confusion. The only people she told was Emeli and her small group of Gryffindor girlfriends. She knew well that Marlene, Alice, and Lily wouldn't tell a soul just because they knew if Lori found out, she would completely destroy them.

So who spilled the fucking beans?

       Lori narrowed her eyes at the boy dangerously as she stalked closer, "Who told you about that?"

Julian's throat went dry when the realization of what he said hit him. He was not suppose to mention it, let alone tell her he knew about it. Drama or gossip had never been his thing or his friend's either ( hence why he was friends with them in the very first place ). Despite all the chaos that happened around them at Hogwarts, the small group of slytherin friends managed to stay out of petty catfights.

Many thought of them as insanely arrogant and you know what . . . maybe they were, but none of them really cared what the other lowlifes at school thought.

Julian sputtered, "Um, well, I-I just—"

Lori hummed in a taunting way as her arms crossed in an intimidating manor. Her lips pulled into a cheshire smile sending cool shivers down both of her friend's backs.

Of course, knowing her luck, her snog with her smart boy best friend would've come out eventually, but she didn't expect it to be so soon—maybe a few years later, but certainly not months. Besides, Klay seemed like the type who was capable of keeping his mouth shut, but apparently, Lori judged him wrong. He must've been filled to the brim with either anticipation or guilt and spilled his guts to his best friend. Not the practically sister of the one he snogged, nor the one who was completely in love with the one he snogged, so the comedic Julian Wardle seemed to be the only logical option, right?

Wrong.

Klay forgot one huge detail about his asian friend and it was that he sucks at keeping secrets. It wasn't that Julian enjoyed gossiping ( because as said before, surely, he didn't ), but simply that he had no control over what escaped his mouth, hence why he was the funniest boy in all of Hogwarts. Thoughts seeped from his tongues like rushing water flew down a waterfall, unstoppable and unfiltered. As it happens, this was part of the reason why he was Slytherin. The boy wasn't able to nor cared to think about his words before he spoke them.