Our First Halloween, and Kiss [11]

Start from the beginning

That was true, even though Sal had only been there for three months, and you for about two, a lot of things had happened that completely rocked your world. I mean, the stress of moving to a completely new place, dealing with people like Travis, combined with the absurd fact that seeing and talking to ghosts is pretty much normal within the doors of your apartment building? Yeah, laidback is definitely what was needed.

Placing your elbows upon the table, you perched your chin in one hand, enjoying the simplicity of sitting besides Sal and listening in on Ash and Larry discuss a meeting time for tonight. "I'm so glad to finally be spending a Halloween with friends, I never thought I'd have such a unique bond with such unique people, especially Sal...I wonder if we'll maybe find some alone time tonight? I like spending time as a group...but being alone together is just so-", you felt a tap on your shoulder, and a bit surprised you turned around to face whoever was trying to get your attention.

"H-huh? Oh, hey, um, Alex right...? What's up? Do you need today's notes from science or something?", the whole group now had their heads turned towards the boy, some with puzzled looks upon their faces, wondering what was going on. The only person without a puzzled look on his face, was of course Sallyface. Underneath his mask, he was rolling his eyes at the sight of yet another boy approaching you, quite irritated by now.

However, knowing yet another boy was going after you did intimidate him slightly, how many of them could there be? He couldn't let someone else get to you before he did. After clearing his throat, the boy they now knew as Alex began to speak, "Hey, Y/N. Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you and your, uh, friends but, I've been meaning to ask you about something.", Larry began to snicker quietly as he knew what was going to be asked, Ash giving his side a jab, Sallyface simply blankly staring at the boy, clearly unamused.

Raising an eyebrow, you gave Alex a polite, but forced smile, "Yeah? What is it...?", you asked, despite knowing just what he was going to ask you, already thinking of ways to let him down gently. "You know the dance in a couple weeks? Well, I wanted to ask if you'd want to go with me. I don't have a date yet, and I figured you don't either.", he asked, hands in his pockets, awaiting a response.

Struggling to hide your annoyance of yet another meaningless dance proposal, you let out a sigh and began to think up what to say, "O-oh, Alex, that's really nice of you to offer but-", your voice was suddenly cut off by a strong arm being placed around your shoulder, pulling you in closer to them, "Buuuut she's already going with me. Sorry man, no hard feelings, right?", Sallyface asked the boy in a stern tone, looking up at him with a look of discontent in his eyes as he held you close to him, doing this took all his courage to do but once he did it, he knew he made the right choice.

You felt like your heart was about to jump out of your throat from how bold and protective Sal was being in the moment. You knew he was only doing this to save you the trouble of dealing with this guy, but you couldn't help but blush like a fool. His arm protectively placed around you was such an amazing sensation, bodies together as he held you close, feeling one of his pigtails brush against your cheek. Talk about swoon.

Alex looked first at Sallyface, then back to you, seemingly in disbelief, waiting for you to say something on the matter. You didn't hesitate whatsoever, playing the role of Sal's date came naturally to you, you were crushing on him pretty hard after all so now was your chance to get a small glimpse into what it would feel like if the two of you actually were a thing, "Y-yeah! Sorry dude, Sal and I have been planning on going together for a good while now, and there's no one else I'd rather be going with.", you rested your head upon Sal's shoulder. Man, the act you were putting on was impeccable. Most likely because real feelings were actually present within the act.