Two.

We rode in a carriage to the castle together. Ginny sat with us this time around, and she was telling us all about the Dementor as we made our way to the castle. Once we were in the castle, we took our seats at the Gryffindor table. Harry and Hermione were taken away by Head of Gryffindor House, Professor McGonagall as soon as we entered the school. They were gone for the entire sorting of the first years. I sat like I usually do at the table, smack dab in the middle of Fred and George, Cecilia on the other side of George. Ron sat not that far from us down the table with a spot open next to him for when Harry and Hermione returned.

Harry and Hermione came back to the Great Hall after the sorting, during the feast. Just in time for the speech from Headmaster Dumbledore to begin. “Welcome!" He called from his podium,, "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few announcements to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast.” He paused for a moment to clear his throat, “As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business. They are stationed at every entrance of the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises – or even invisibility cloaks. It’s not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to our Prefects and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors.

“On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Most of you know him already, but our very own gamekeeper Rubeus Hagrid has agreed to take over Care of Magical Creatures on top of his gamekeeping duties. And, I introduce Remus Lupin as our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor.”

Only those who had been in the compartment with Professor Lupin clapped hard for him. Professor Snape, the Potions master of the school, had an expression of loathing on his face. We were used to that expression from him as students, but never towards another teacher. He must have really wanted that spot this time around.

Dumbledore finished his speech then, and the feast resumed for about another hour before we were to be sent off to bed. We went over to the teacher’s table and congratulated Hagrid on his new job. He was overcome with emotion, and then Professor McGongall shooed us away. We caught up with the rest of the Gryffindors quickly and went with them up to Gryffindor tower, where we went to bed.

"You know," says Fred as we walked towards the Tower, "Cedric Diggory kept looking over at us from the Hufflepuff table. I think he was looking at you, Vange."

"What?" I ask, confused. I didn’t notice that at all. Then again, Cedric Diggory wasn't someone that I paid attention to. He was popular at school, yeah. He was A Prefect and Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team where he played Seeker, but all of my attention was on someone that I would never have. George Weasley. I know it was silly to have a crush on my best friend, but I couldn't help it. George was kind, and so, so sweet. It was hard for me not to fall for him. But he didn't want me, obviously, that's why he's dating Cecilia.

To be honest, I was surprised when George admitted he fancied Cecilia. He had never shown any interest in anyone like that before, and to find out that it was her was odd to me. But when he started hanging out with her she reciprocated his feelings. I am happy for him for that, I am, but I am still jealous it isn't me at the same time.

"I noticed it too," says George. "He kept looking directly at us."

"You two are mental," I tease, "He was not looking at us. Did you notice it, Cecilia?"

"No, I didn't," she admits, her voice small.

"See, you guys were just seeing things. And even if he was looking over at us I'm sure he was just looking at Harry. Everyone is talking about what happened to him on the train."

"Probably," says Fred, and then an evil smirk takes over his lips, "or he was looking at you, which I'm certain he was."

"You're imagining things, Weasley," I tease him again.

Fred found this funny. He even laughed. It made me laugh. We were nearly to Gryffindor Tower. The new fifth year Prefects were leading the first year students behind them. As soon as we got to Gryffindor Tower and entered through the portrait to the Common Room Fred and George said goodnight to me and then George walked Cecilia over to where the girl's dorms and he kissed her.

I quickly went up the stairs. I told myself that I was fine with George dating someone else, but whenever I was forced to watch George be any kind of affectionate towards Cecilia I am filled with the biggest rush of jealousy. I hate it, but I can't stop it. And believe me I've tried to stop it. It also didn't help that Cecilia and I were in the same year, and we shared a dorm. It would be so much easier for me if I could escape her, but I can't even do that.