Chapter 6: Training! Life at Mt. Sagiri (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

I wield the blade, and charge at Urokodaki-san trying to kill him.

In contrast, he is bare-handed and unarmed.

——And yet.... he's ridiculously strong!

He flings me away to roll on the ground every time I charge at him.

.....Ah, my entire body hurts.

* * *

Today, I finally learned what was called the "Total Concentration Breathing".

To be completely honest, I didn't get it.

The way Urokodaki-san taught this to me was vague and conceptual. Unlike sword forms, I can't mirror his movements or anything.

First of all, how was I supposed to learn how to breathe? It's just like teaching a fish how to swim. 

.....Every time I try, he tell's me "Wrong!!" and clobbers my stomach. Apparently, I'm not putting enough strength in my inner muscles.

.....I wanna quit.

* * *

In addition to the Total Concentration Breathing, Urokodaki-san taught me the ten "Water Breathing Forms". They were ten sword techniques that I were to master.

I will write them down on this diary so that I won't forget them.

Form 1, Water Surface Slash. An unwavering horizontal slash using the full force of my arm.

Form 2, Water Wheel. I leap in the air and do a vertical spin with a sword.

Form 3, Flowing Dance. I cut and slash while mimicking the movement of a flowing water.

Form 4, Striking Tide. I twist my body in all directions, making consecutive slashes. 

Form 5, Blessed Rain After the Drought........

*
*
*
*

Nezuko closed her diary, and sighed.

It's been almost a year since she and Tanjiro had arrived at Mt. Sagiri.

She turned around, and looked at Tanjiro sleeping in his bed. 

"....you ended up sleeping for an entire year, didn't you, Onii-chan?"

Nezuko sighed again. 

She stood up and rolled her shoulders. She noticed her untied hair shake as she moved.

"It got too long, huh?" 

She touched her hair, which had grown down to her shoulders, and muttered. Because she had trained with a short hair for so long, she couldn't adjust to growing her hair anymore.