019. how to build a robot boy

Start from the beginning

Steve stepped in as they finally got view of the room, Tony and Bruce standing around the cradle which by now would have a life sized body in it. The glow of the cradle illuminated Bruce's face so they could see him and Tony better, being one of the only light sources in the dark penthouse. "I'm gonna say this once." Steve told the two.

"How about nonce?" Tony interjected, causing a scowl to form in Hallie's face.

"Shut it down!" Steve insisted.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Tony said, shaking his head in denial.

Hallie let out a breath saying, "When did this go right last time Tony?"

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve argued.

"And you do?" Bruce asked, looking towards the group before gesturing to Wanda who stood behind the two. "She's not in your head?"

Stepping out from behind Steve, Wanda tried to reason, "I know you're angry."

Bruce seemed calm, but a dark look settled in his eyes as he threateningly stated towards Wanda, "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened. . ." Steve started to try and reason calmly, but the two science nerds didn't think anything of it.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony argued, his voice raising over Steve's.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouted at the two, memories of what she'd seen entering her mind.

"This isn't a game."

"You can't just mess with things you can't always control." Hallie argued, her words pointed towards the two scientists.

"The creature. . .!" Wanda started to say but they were all silenced by the speedster.

A blur of blue moved through the room and in its path caused papers to fly up randomly, things sparking as finally it came to a stop, Pietro at its center holding a pipe in his hand. Looking around the room Hallie noticed everything was unplugged, including the Cradle, leaving everyone's mouths wide open in shock.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Pietro asks, tossing aside the plug he'd been holding and looking rather proud of himself as alarms echo around the room, causing Tony to look around wide eyed.

Before anyone can do anything as they stand in shock, the sound of a gun going off echoes throughout the room, then the shattering of glass as the speedster tumbles down, a dark figure standing over him.

Looking rather proud of himself and smug at the same time, Clint stands, looking down upon the speedster. "What?" He asks cockily, stepping on the speedster's leg as glass settles around them, "You didn't see that coming?"

All hell breaks loose as Tony tried to announce he's continuing with his little project, but before he's able to Steve interrupts by throwing his shield with rich keys off each surface it touches. Hallie ducks, the shield barely missing her before returning to Steve who is unable to catch it, Tony pointing his now armed hand at him and firing, causing him to fly back into the window shattering the glass.