Eternal Love in Paradise | Douma x Fem!Reader (Fluff)

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile Doma was in his throne room staring blankly at the ceiling and thinking of (Y/n). A Hashira eh. An unusual flutter found its way up from his stomach to his heart. She's... so beautiful.

---

(Y/n) was in the throne room with several other cult members. All of whom raved about their misfortunes to Doma who cried at their stories. Not one seemed to realize it was fake despite it being so obvious. Of course, (Y/n) played along raving about her stepmother and the abuse she was put through.

"Oh my..." Doma teared up much more and his lips quivered. "what a miserable life you had." (Y/n) was taken aback by Doma's reaction. She figured out rather quickly that he had no real sympathy for anyone yet that was the closest thing to genuine sympathy she had ever seen. "Thank you all for sharing your tragedies with us. May you find eternal peace." The cult members bowed and began making their way out. (Y/n) was about to step out but... "(Y/n) I'd like to have a word with you."

Oh shit. "Yes, Gracious Founder." (Y/n) stepped back into the room and waited nervously for everyone else to clear out. She knew Doma was eating the women in the cult, but she also knew he wasn't gonna eat her just yet since it was daytime. It was too risky with all the people walking around. What could he want?

When the room was clear out, Doma smiled at her. "So how are you liking it here?"

(Y/n) blinked a few times but then smiled. "I love it here. It's 100x better than my old home."

"Good to hear you're settling in." Doma smiled a bit slyly. "Your old home wouldn't happen to be an estate provided by the Demon Slayer Corps would it, Hashira?"

(Y/n)'s face turned pale but reverted back to its normal color. "Hashira? What is that?" She tried her best to play it off, but it was too late.

"Don't play with me. I knew all along that you were a Hashira." Doma admitted. "Do you think a demon like me wouldn't be able to sense your power? Plus, your bruises were shallow. They were clearly self-made."

"..." (Y/n) sighed. She mentally cursed herself for not preparing a fail-safe in case something like this happened. "So, what are you going to do with me?"

"Nothing." Doma's answer took her by surprise. "If I'm being honest, I've actually taken a deep liking to you." (Y/n) deadpanned at that. Her thoughts went into overdrive.

WHAT! AN EMOTIONLESS DEMON LIKES ME! AND NOT JUST A NORMAL DEMON! AN UPPER MOON! (Y/n) fainted.

---

(Y/n) woke up later in the night in her bedroom. Was it a dream?

"Good morning (Y/n)... or night." She caught sight of Doma seated beside her on the bed. That diminished all hope that she was in the clear. "Did you sleep well?" Doma leaned in closer to where (Y/n) could feel his breath on her face.

"... it was fine. Now can you get out of my room!" (Y/n) pushed his with her feet.

"Oh, okay but," Doma gave her a playful smile and lifted her off the bed. "You're coming with me."

(Y/n) struggled to free herself but his grip was too strong for even her to break out with total concentration breathing. Eventually she gave up. Doma brought her to his throne room and she blinked several times at the sight. A table was set dead center of the boardwalk. Candle lights were lit all around the place. Food was set on the table. (Y/n) cringed at the sight of human arms on one side of the table. Doma placed her carefully on the seat where human food was laid out. (Y/n) was hesitant to run unsure of what Doma would do so she stayed still.

"Dig in." Doma said as he began eating the human arms unashamed. (Y/n) looked to the ground. Her appetite was gone at the sight. "Don't be shy. It isn't poisoned. The other cult members prepared it."

(Y/n) still didn't eat. Doma tried to make small talk with her but she wouldn't answer. Even so, Doma didn't do anything to her nor did he pressure her to answer. (Y/n) eventually got up the courage to walk out and Doma let her go.

---

Doma's attempts to win (Y/n) didn't stop despite the first failed date. With advice from the other cult members, mainly the lovestruck women, he got better and better at dating. He no longer ate humans in front of (Y/n) which he didn't realize was a major turn-off in the first date. (Y/n) herself was not on guard around him anymore and even opened up to him. On one occasion she fell asleep whilst the two were out on a walk and when Doma picked her up bridal style, she leaned into his warmth and ran her hands over his abs. It was clear from her flustered state and the way she looked into his eyes that she had fallen in love with him but...

"What do I do?" (Y/n) questioned herself out load in the mirror. She was in her room while Doma was out listening to people's sob stories. "He's a demon. He's killed thousands of people. And you," she pointed to her reflection, "you are a Hashira. You're supposed to protect people. Loving a demon is against the corps rules."

"Did you say you love me (Y/n)?" (Y/n) was startled by Doma's sudden appearance. He was smiling widely like a kid in a candy store. The first genuine smile she had ever seen from him. He was hugging her before she even realized it then picked her up. "I have a surprise for you."

(Y/n) stayed quiet and leaned her head on his chest as he walked to his room. Upon opening the door, she immediately caught sight of the surprise. An extra throne was set up to the right of Doma's throne.

"Will you be my love, (Y/n)?" Doma asked. (Y/n) bit her lip.

"I'm not sure... I'm a Hashira. You're a demon. We're supposed to be enemies."

"... but you love me, don't you?" Doma narrowed his eyes at her.

"I... I-" (Y/n) was cut off by Doma kissing her. She was surprised but quickly kissed him back. All of the world faded away at that moment. The only care in the world either of them had was of their love for each other. They broke away for air and smiled at each other. (Y/n) sighed and leaned her head on Doma's chest. "Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too." Doma sat down with her on his lap. While most people came to find eternal peace, (Y/n) and Doma had found eternal love in paradise.