Bassin d'Apollon Pt1 - D.C.C || SFW

Start from the beginning

"Mademoiselle, come sit! We have yet to see you since you've arrived!" A voice calls out to you and you turn your head slightly to see a rather young looking man sitting down with a few women beside him. Their hands were on his shoulders as cards sat in front of him on a table, other people sitting around the table.

"I'm terribly sorry monsieur, but I'm afraid I'm much too busy." You politely excuse yourself until the man lets out a long laugh, wiping a few stray tears from his eyes. You didn't understand what was so funny about apologizing before he finally speaks.

"Nonsense, do you not have enough time for your King?" He questions and your eyes widen slightly from your foolish mistake. It felt like everyone in the room was staring at you and you begin to panic at what you had done.

"Your majesty! Forgive me please." You apologize as you make a quick courtesy, gripping your dress in your suddenly sweaty hands. A soft smile pulls at the man's lips as he watches your apology unfold in front of him.

"Nothing to fret about. Go, enjoy the night." He grins, holding up a small glass of champagne as if to cheer you before he downs it in a few seconds. You politely bow your head and excuse yourself from the room as you continue your search for your parents.

Versailles seemed endless as you entered room after room, varieties of different people were in each room. Many of them were drunk and restless, gambling and courting people back to their rooms for the night, not even seeming to notice you slipping by them. You spent another hour searching, but you couldn't find them in the large place, every attempt seeming to be futile as you ended up back in another room with even more strangers.

It was amazing how even though the rooms were so small, so many people could fit into them. Some of them were doing more, suggestive things if you will, while other rooms were filled with just idle gossip and music. Each room has its own voice though, like someone spent hours on each room by itself, placing everything perfectly to accent each detail in the room. You would be more appreciative of it if you were hot from being around so many people in such a small space and tired from running around all night.

Eventually you give up, wandering out to the gardens that your room looks over. It was much more peaceful out here then in the palace, plus it didn't smell like alcohol and sweat, which was always a great thing. The light wind picked up the bottom of your red dress slightly, along with your hair that was teased up in the front slightly and twisted back into a small ribbon while a small patch by your neck hung free, curled ever so slightly.

Your dress was made of a silky red material, golden designs across the neck line, corset, and the skirt. The sleeves were ruffled up at the elbows with the front of the dress scrunched to add a little bit of depth. It had small floral patterns that were all gold, shining slightly in the moonlight as you walked through the gardens, every part of the dress accentuated your body perfectly. A thin silk piece of red fabric tied around your neck almost like a choker that was tied into a small bow in the back, tying everything together.

It took you some time, but you finally arrived at the fountain you had seen from your room. Now you could clearly tell it was Apollo in the fountain, not some random man being drawn by horses. It looked even more beautiful up close, the sound of the water crashing back into the fountain was almost hypnotizing as you closed your eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" A voice chimes out and you jump slightly, letting out a yelp as you turn around and spot a man standing there. He has a soft smile on his face before he lets out a slight chuckle, "Didn't mean to frighten you love. You just seemed to be captured by its beauty, as was I." He responds softly, apologizing as he lets out a crooked smile.