Chapter 45: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"I saw you come in with Malfoy, you guys are doing better?" Luna whispered in my ear.

"Yeah. Much." I nodded sarcastically and dug my fork into my lasagna.

Luna didn't buy my lie. "What happened?"

"Nothing 'happened' that's the problem. We talk, but it's awkward, and he still won't really let me touch that, and I don't mean that in the sexual type of way I mean he wouldn't even let me fix his sleeves today. He pushed me away."

"Pushed you?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"Not hard, not violently. Just enough to show me he didn't want me to do that." I shrugged.

"He shouldn't be pushing you Mal." A scowl grew on her face.

"It's fine. It doesn't hurt. It's my bad, I forgot he doesn't want me to touch him."

"It can never be your fault. He should never touch you in an aggressive manner. I'm going to speak to him." Luna stood up and I quickly pulled her back down.

"It wasn't aggressive. It's fine." I insisted.

"Mal, I really hate to tell you this but that's not healthy."

"He didn't aggressively push me away or anything, it was more like a nudge." I lied, trying to convince myself of the same thing.

"Mal—"

"Listen Luna I really appreciate how much you care and you know I love you, but please just leave things the way they are."

"Fine. But if I ever see even a small bruise on you someone's getting hurt." Luna scowled and I hugged her.

"Thank you though. I really do appreciate it."

"Did you guys hear about Seamus?" Harry asked and we all leaned in to hear the gossip. Just as he was about to talk I felt Snape tap my shoulder. Damn it.

"Hello Professor, how are you?" Luna asked him.

"Fine. Now tell me, how many times have I told you two?"

"One time too many?" I asked and Ginny stifled a laugh.

"Thirty Seven. Thirty Seven times. If you are not in Gryffindor go back to your house's table. That means: Ms. Lovegood, Ravenclaw. Ms. Granger, Slytherin. Now." We both nodded and stood up to head over to our tables.

Bye I mouthed to my friends and they waved to me as they glared at Snape.

Great, now to go back to the awkward tension in Slytherin. Why didn't I make any friends there? Why did I only talk to Draco? Maybe if I talked to more people I would not always hate sitting at the Slytherin table, I didn't even bring a book with me so I could read and eat until my friends finish.

"Hey Mal!" I glanced at who was speaking to me and recognized it to be Adrian Pucey. Huh, weird. You've never even spoken to me before, I didn't even think you knew my name.

I smiled at him politely and turned to walk towards the end of the table I usually sit in when he called me again, "come take a seat." Me? I glanced at Draco, who was concentrated on speaking to Pansy, making eye contact with her, and I turned to sit next to Adrian.

"Hey." I smiled at him and set down my plate.

"Enjoying the dinner?" He asked and leaned into me slightly. I smiled uncomfortably and backed away a little.

"Yeah, lasagna's actually my favorite." I said as I ate the piece that was on my fork.

"Do you want to share mine? It's the last piece." He slid his plate to me and I hesitated before finally shaking my head.