Chapter 45: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"Trying to say something Blaise?!" Draco growled at him.

"Just making sure you know that." Blaise replied. "She's beautiful, and powerful. And if she's available... well you know what'll happen."

"I do. And she's not available. No one is going to sweep her up. She's mine—" Draco got cut off.

"Are you sure about that? She doesn't strike me as the type to like to be named as property. And you two are evidently not in spectacular terms." Blaise retorted.

"You don't know anything about her." Draco spit out at him.

"I know enough." Blaise replied.

"Blaise—"

"Can we stop talking about her? This is boring." I rolled my eyes at Pansy's attitude. I turned around and headed back to my room to change.

I slid into some jeans, a brown long sleeve top, and my brown boots. Finally I took my hair out of it's messy bun and fluffed it out, losing hope in it and pulled it into a ponytail and left my room to head to the dining hall. I took a step back when I saw Draco right outside my room, with a black button down shirt and some black jeans, leaning on the doorframe, making his muscles protrude visibly even through the shirt.

Damn it why do you have to look so fucking attractive every time?! You make it so hard to be mad when you look at me like that.

"Hi." I took a step back. I thought you already went downstairs.

"Hi." He tucked his hands in his back pockets and shifted uncomfortably, "are you ready?"

"Umm... I guess so." I shrugged and stepped out of my room.

"You look nice." 'Nice'? Really?

"Thanks. You too. But can I just...?" I stepped in front of him and motioned to his shirt, he nodded and I quickly unbuttoned the two first buttons, so his chain and chest could be shown more. I smiled at him. "Now you look great."

"I didn't before?" Draco teased, arching an eyebrow and smirking at me.

"You looked good before. Now you look better." I looked him up and down, "just one more thing." I started to roll up his sleeves but he pushed me away harshly, making me stumble back. Ouch. "Sorry." I muttered.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Let's just go." He started walking away and I walked behind him to catch up. Yeah. We are definitely in an awkward place. Since that night where he had his nightmare, I thought things would've gotten better, and in a way they did. At least we're talking now, even if we're still not sleeping together or even touching. When we hold hands it's awkward. What the bloody hell are we doing?

We finally got to the dining hall after the long walk in silence and I smiled as soon as I saw my friends. I looked at Draco questioningly before he shrugged and walked to the other side to sit with his friends. I sighed and walked over to my own.

"Mal! Just in time, Ron hasn't devoured everything on the table yet." Ginny smiled at me as she patted the spot next to her for me to sit down.

"As long as there's still lasagna, I won't kill him." All my friends went silent and turned to Ron, who was currently about to dig into the last piece of lasagna he had just put on his plate. I glared at him and he groaned and handed me the plate.

"Fine. Here. I guess I'll just starve." Ron exaggerated.

"You've had three pieces already!" Mione exclaimed.

"Whatever." He said and put a piece of chicken on another plate.

"You're a barbarian." Mione said as she ate a spoonful of mash potatoes.