"Do I look excited to you?"

"Well, I guess some of us doesn't have a happy bone in them." Carina ended their conversation and faced the front. But she did hear the boy said, "A happy bone?" with a tone of confusion. She too did not know where she got the word but decided to keep quiet about it.

"— The Sorting Ceremony will begin in a few minutes. I suggest you smarten up as much as you can as you wait. I shall return when we are ready."

Professor McGonagall left the hall. Roman stopped his jumping. And murmurs came to the First Years as they tried to think about how the Sorting would take place.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" Carina overheard.

"Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking." She heard Ron reply.

"Scaring the others, Ronikins?" Carina piped in. "If I were you, I'd take Fred and George's word for it."

"Why, do you know what's going to happen at the Sorting?" Ron asked.

"I know enough." She then faced the spectacles-wearing boy who was beside Ron, "I heard that it involves fighting a troll."

"That's not true." Ron rolled his eyes.

"Or maybe you prefer fighting the Bloody Barron instead?" Roman joined in. "It'd be harder to fight a ghost you know." His eyes then fell on the boy wearing glasses, "Good to see you, sorry I wasn't able to find you on the train."

"No problem." The boy said.

"Roman Alston." Roman held out his hand, "though I'm sure you know that, you did hear my Mum earlier."

"It's nice to see you again, Roman, I'm Harry Potter."

Roman then held it out as well to Ron, who also introduced himself.

Carina froze at the mention of the name. She couldn't believe that she was talking to Harry Potter. Would he hate her? Maybe she should make an excuse to leave the crowd before he figures out who she was.

"Move along now! The Sorting Ceremony is about to start!"

Thank Merlin, she thought. Professor McGonagall appeared.

"Form a line and follow me."

The doors opened and the first years were led inside the Great Hall. And it was the most marvelous thing they have ever seen. There were four long tables where the older students sat in their Houses, at the ceiling had the image of the night sky with candles floating above, and at the front was a long table for what Carina believed to be for the Professors. They stopped at the bottom of the stairs before the table where the professors sat, before a stool where a ragged old hat sat untouched.

Silence came to the hall, and suddenly the Hat started to sing, it sang poetry mostly about the four houses and how the Sorting would occur, and once it was finished, the hall burst into applause then once again became quiet.

"So, we've got to try on the hat?" Ron whispered to Harry. "I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll." He then turned to Carina who stood behind him, snickering with Roman. "You said we're going to wrestle a troll and Blood Barron!"

"Hey, I said "would you prefer to wrestle the Blood Barron" not "and"." Roman said, snickering as he did.

"When I call out your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." Professor McGonagall now held a scroll in her hands and read the first name on the list, "Abbot, Hannah!"