"Girls!" Charity stopped the argument. Instantly, the two girls shut their lips and stood by their father. Charity went to her husband; she took out her wand and magicked the ink stain off his face and kissed his cheek. "Hello, darling."

"Hello, dear." Tom greeted and snuck a peck on the lips, which gained a groan of disgust from the two girls standing at the side. "Carina and I would be heading off. We'll be back before dinner."

"Yes, and Masie and I would head off to Diagon Alley where we could go shopping for our dinner."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Come now, Masie, it's time to shop for some ingredients for dinner!"

Charity then turned to Carina, she bent down to the seven-year-old girl's height and placed a kiss on her head. It wasn't like Carina did not like her mother kissing her head, but she noticed that every time Charity did kiss her on this day, November 1st, it was different. It felt different. And she very much preferred her mother's kisses on any other day.

Once Charity and Masie bid their short goodbye to them, Carina and Tom stood by the statue in silence. Tom looked down at Carina and chuckled at her clothes, the girl always had an odd sense of fashion. Maybe it was because of Charity's Muggle-heritage influence that has rubbed off on the girls, but he did not mind, he actually appreciated the loud colors that the girl wore, which consists of a mustard jumper, teal trousers, bright yellow shoes, and loud colorful socks.

"Don't you look like a Hufflepuff in that color." Tom ruffled Carina's hair playfully, earning giggles from her.

"I like it." Carina did a twirl. "Besides, I think Mum would be happy to know that I'd be a Hufflepuff."

Tom slightly frowned at her words but tried to hide it with a smile, but Carina saw it before he could even cover it up and was about to ask but her father had thought of a reply.

"Well, badger, let's get a move on, we don't want to get stuck in traffic."

"We could always apparate, you know."

"Yes, but the last time we did, you vomited all over my newly bought shoes. Not risking that again." Tom joked.

But just as the two were to leave the Ministry, they came across a man – or rather, Carina ran into the man and found herself dropping on the ground. She was about to tell off the supposed stuffy Ministry worker to "watch it" but found herself silenced by the sight of the man's glowering gaze at her, it was as if he were disgusted at the sight of her, especially her clothes. The man was tall, a few inches taller than Tom, he looked older as well, he had long platinum blonde hair swept to his back, a sinister-looking face that was shaved clean, and wore dark robes that clearly states his status in the Wizarding World.

"Move aside, filthy Mudblood –" the man sneered.

"Stay away from her, Malfoy." Tom came to Carina's side. He helped the girl to her feet but made sure to not break eye-contact with the man. "And how dare you, call her that."

"Step away, you pathetic scumsucker." Malfoy sneered.

Anger rose in Carina as she heard what the man called her father, walking around Tom, Carina tried her best to look intimidating by pushing out her chest and glared at the man (even though she just reached his waist) and said,

"My Dad is not pathetic!"

"Carina, don't." Tom hushed the girl and hid her behind him once again.

Malfoy was silent, his eyes went to the girl, observing her face. Carina, he thought, he has heard of the name, it could have been a distant relative of his wife an ancestor maybe? But then he remembered his wife's infamous cousin marrying a half-blood and they both named the girl Carina. But that girl went missing after the horrific events of November 1st, and it seems that she was not missing at all, but rather, have been hidden from the world. From the truth. And from how the girl called Tom "Dad", he knew that she had no idea, and he knew a better way rile up the man before him. Besides, the girl does have her father's eyes.