𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐱.━━━ show off

Začít od začátku

"Listen to him!" Everyone yelled to Clary, she continued to fight back.

"But Simon will die if—" Alec kicks opened the door and sunlight pours in, lighting up the dark interior, Raphael shoves Simon forward and uses his vamp-speed to hide behind some pipes.

"Go! Take him and go!" The Lightwood siblings went first and Clary, Kiara and Jace waited, only to collect Simon who was trying to thank Raphael. "Don't thank me, you mean nothing to me and my clan. This is about preserving the Accords and stopping Valentine along with the chaos he can bring." Accords... Where had Kiara heard that before? Kiara felt her head throb, she barely noticed that someone was still watching them from the shadows, his icy blue eyes, glinting in the new light. Only Raphael, could sense the hidden presence. Kiara focused her sight on Raphael, trying to piece her thoughts together. It hurt.

Closing her eyes, Kiara began to draw a mental image of Raphael, blocking out the conversation he was having with Jace, Clary and Simon had already gone. A stream of memories played before her eyes, too fast for her brain to comprehend. Whispers and ghostly mutterings of forgotten conversations seemed to roar in her ears. Ignoring the pain, she concentrated on her mental image of Raphael and thought harder. She noticed something through her train of thought, her memories were out of control, having being suppressed so long. Yet, they were only memories. It was only memories that were taken away from her but not feelings. Emotions surfaced in each memory- they lasted longer- long enough for Kiara to connect the dots. Immediately, she felt something click, at the back of her mind.

"Come on," Jace said, tugging her arm before leaving her alone with the vampire. Kiara sighed and closed the door so Raphael didn't have to hide anymore.

"What are you doing?" He asked, "It's not safe here, the longer you stay the closer my clan is to catching your scent up here." Raphael was calmer now but not any less eager for her to leave.

"I remember." Kiara said abruptly, taking one step closer to Raphael. He didn't move but stared at her, taken by surprise.

"What?"

"Not all of it but I know you were special to me. A friend... and close enough to be my brother?" Raphael, smiled a little, making his pale features a more little friendlier. A ghost of the way he looked in the memory, he nodded. Encouraged, Kiara didn't stop there, "You...you sometimes said you've never met a person more annoying than me, in the past century."

"At least until I met your mundane friend." Raphael spoke, also taking a step closer.

"You got me in trouble most of the time because you always managed to convince me it would be fun... and it was, I think." Kiara added in afterthought. Sometimes, you were the only person who could get met to calm down during... during my..." Kiara gulped, one thing that was there before and after her memory lapse, were her panic attacks. Raphael looked at the girl sadly and put a reassuring hand on her wrist- which she didn't realize- was shaking. A dull stab of pain, ached in her shoulder because of the abrupt movement of her wrist.

"You don't have to continue golondrina." Raphael suddenly tensed, so did the silent watcher, both vampires heard the distant but advancing footsteps of a small group of vampires. "You must go, a few are coming this way." Kiara nodded but she needed to him to answer a few more questions.

"Why do you call me that? Why do you call me 'golondrina', like the swallow?" Raphael gazed at her thoughtfully.

"Do you know what the bird represents?" Kiara shook her head in response.

"Many things actually: good fortune, home, family. But the reason I call you that, is because of one of its other meanings...leaving the past behind." Kiara narrowed her eyes, seeing where he was going.