Beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to be tough with me big guy. I know he was the only person you were truly cared for." I said.

"It's a war. People die in war." He said.

"He was your father."

"And a warrior. His words, you have the best death if you die as a warrior. I'm at peace with his going, Adrika. Seriously." He said.

"Good. I have something that can make you in peace a little more." I said taking out a tiny flasks. "Here." He eyed me suspiciously while taking the flask and drank.

"Woah.. Alcohol.. Wow.. We have this?" He said smelling it. Then handing it back.

"For medical purposes only. It's for special occasion. But how did you know it is alcohol. I don't think it's something you might have tasted before?" I asked taking a sip myself. It was wine. I prepared it.

"Every alcohol taste the same. Its different but taste is recognisable." He said. Tanking another gulp.

"You are a drinker. Wow.. You thought you know a guy.. Thank God I didn't married you." I said.

"Like Nakul don't have secrets." He said.

"He is annoyingly honest." I said putting my hand to my heart like it was hurting.

"My condolences." He said with a chuckle. I joined in. "You love him too much. Don't you?"

"More than my life." I said. "He is just.. He makes me happy. Like really happy. That's a privilege." I smiled at just the thought of my husband.

"I agree." He said. When I looked at him, his eyes were fixed on me. "My father wasn't the only one you know."

"What?"

"He wasn't the only one I really cared. Loved!.......Love!...There is a another one." He said. I didn't need to ask who.

"I never asked you this.. We never talked about it.. But why?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why? I don't blame you either for marrying Nakul. Because even I didn't know I love you this much. Or maybe I was in denial. I realised it in your wedding actually. The pain I felt made me realised what I lost. And what it value for me. How? I don't know. It just.. I just do. Maybe because we both are different. Both are abnormal. Celestial." He said. "Maybe it's a curse for celestial beings. They just fall in love. Once and for all. You fall for Nakul. I fall for you. You couldn't leave him for me. I can't leave you for anything. I guess I'm just doomed to love you for ever." He said the last part with a chuckle.

"Wow.. You just made me feel like a total pain in the.. I wish I could do anything about it." I said. Poor guy. Why it have to be me?

"You can. Accept me." He said. What?

"News flash genius! Married with two kids." I said taking a big gulp of wine.

"Not as husband dirty mind. As a companion." He said. And I chuckled. Then I took his hand in mine.

"You are." I said honestly.

"Forever?" He said squeezing my hand. I smiled and nodded.

Nakul's POV

     I knew death of maharaj drupad would not be easy for anyone. And I knew Adrika would try to make sure they were alright, even if being broken herself. When she didn't return from Droupadi I went out to see if she was upset herself. I saw little away from the camp they were sitting. Chatting. Drinking. She looked happy. I liked how light her mood always was around Dristadyumn. This was the gap in her life that he was fulfilling. I smiled and leaned on a pole stands.