White flowers

William and Vanessa were walking down the street towards a wooden stall. An old grandmother with a ragged purple shawl over her head, concealing half of her face, was arranging some bracelets and necklaces on the table.

"Do you still have the flower-shaped bracelet? It's blue in colour," Vanessa asked while looking around for her desired bracelet. "Ahhhh that one. A man bought it for his girlfriend just now. How about, take a look at these new arrivals?" The grandmother opened an old, brown chest filled with shiny jewellery.

One particular bracelet caught her attention. It was a gold coloured bracelet with small white pearls encircling it with some blue diamonds at the end of the clasp.

 It was a gold coloured bracelet with small white pearls encircling it with some blue diamonds at the end of the clasp

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"This one is so pretty!" Vanessa held up the bracelet and tried it on. "How much is it?" "50 dollars, miss. Do you want it?"

Vanessa checked her pouch and counted the money. "Ermmm I'm 10 dollars short," Vanessa glanced at William. "Can I get a discount, please?"

"Well, if that gentleman buys for you, I will cut the price to 45 dollars," the old woman winked at William. "Pleaseeeeeeee, I'll repay your 5 dollars after I got my wages from Owen," Vanessa pleaded him.

"Alright, alright. You don't have to repay me, it's a gift." as he took out 45 dollars from his pouch. "Thanks a lot!" Vanessa happily took the bracelet from the woman and put it on.

"That bracelet has its' own tragic story. A long time ago, a man fell in love with a princess and designed this flower bracelet for her as a symbol of everlasting love. Not long after, they got married and had a beautiful family but were perished due to jealousy and anger from the outsiders. I hope both you do not share the same fate as them," the grandmother smiled.

Why does that story sound familiar? Before William could ask more, the grandmother and the items vanished in thin air, leaving a stem of dried white flowers on the table.

"Let's go, don't be bothered by what she said. I'm not a princess or anything," Vanessa nudged William's arm. "Isn't it pretty? The little pearls do look like white flowers," as she showed off the bracelet on her wrist in front of his eyes. A thin pink blush crept on William's cheeks, "Yeah, yeah, it is pretty. Come on, it's getting dark."