𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Omg I need to know" — "I've heard it's —"

The great halls doors pushed open as as everyone gasped. "Omg he's so hot!" "Who the hell is that". My mouth dropped open as he's face became visible. He strolled in with his jacket resting on his finger over his shoulder, smirking at me specifically.

"Hello there sis." He winked. But something wasn't right, his eyes screamed a thousand words. He may have a cocky front but he was also my brother and I knew when something was right on track.

I gulped as I rose from my seat watching him walk towards the sorting hat. I couldn't answer the questions that were directed at me from the group, I couldn't string a single sentence together as he swayed towards Dumbledore.

"What does he mean 'sis'?" Bex questioned in confusion.

"Wait what?" Blaise blurted out.

"You have a brother?" Draco questioned.

I couldn't divert my attention away from my brother as he sat beneath the sorting hat.

"Ahhh Jayden Roberts" the whole great hall gasped in realisation that he was my brother. "SLYTHERIN" the sorting had practically screamed as he stood from he chair straightening his suit as he made a headline my way.

"Well I was expecting a warmer welcome sis?" He grinned as he held his hands out. I ran towards him wrapping my arms around his neck as he picked me up spinning me around as I squeezed him tightly.

"I missed you Jay!" I almost cried as he giggled into my hair. "Hey I'm here now." He whispered as he grabbed my cheeks "I'm here now" he reassured as I began to cry. I hadn't seen him in three years, father sent him off to a muggle military school for his bad behaviour. Refusing my mother and myself to visit him until he "got his act together."

"I'm so sorry Jay, I tried to stop him I-I promise I did b-but he just wouldn't listen." I cried into his chest as he grabbed my chin lifting me to look at him, my cheeks tear streaked. I never thought I'd see him again and here he was. "Don't you ever be sorry for our useless excuse of a father Adeline, do not." He whispered in anger as he wiped his thumb under my eye swiping away my tears.

I nodded in response.

"You've changed so much" I whispered as I examined his unrecognisable features. "Well Ade, when you've been in MS for three years you sort of do" he joked as I punched his arm lightly.

He slumped his arm around my shoulder as I walked us over to the group. "Guys this is Jayden...my brother." everyone went silent as Eve looked at me "is he single?" She mouthed towards me as I rolled my eyes with a smile, before I could mouth back I heard Jay's deep voice "he is." He whispered towards Eve with wide eyes as I slapped his chest lightly. Eve blushed a shade of red as she looked down towards her food.

I observed as Jayden averted his gaze towards Draco, Draco stood from his seat observing the hand that Jay held out for him. Come on Draco now is not the time to be a dick. A sight of relief washed over my head as they shook hands pulling eachother close patting one another's backs as they introduced their names. I look over to Draco to see him smirking at my sight of relief.

I glanced over to Kol to see him sat with his knuckles beneath his chin holding his head as he gulped.

As the group introduced themselves I was happy, so very overwhelmingly happy. I couldn't believe he was here, right in front on me. My childhood best friend and big brother. "If you'll excuse us I need to steal Ade off of you guys." Jay announced as the group nodded bidding their goodbyes.

After we excited the hall, he snapped. His emotion completely changed. He looked worried, scared, absolutely petrified of something I had no idea about.