𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬𝑺 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑱𝑬𝑨𝑳𝑶𝑼𝑺𝒀

Start from the beginning

- - -

"Hey, can I sit here?" A boy with long, sandy blonde hair looked down at Iris with soft but piecing grey eyes. The girl nodded, smiling as he slid into the seat next to her. "I'm Edward Jenkins, by the way. Who might you be?" Edward smirked at the good-looking girl next to him.

"Iris Westworth, pleased to make your acquaintance, Edward," She responded. Of course, Edward Jenkins was very attractive, but she had her eyes set on a different boy.

"The pleasure is all mine."

Steven gripped his pencil tightly, his knuckles turned a ghostly pale. Gerald snickered and turned around in his seat, so he was now facing his ginger friend. "Hey Meeks, maybe if you stare at him long enough he'll spontaneously burst into flames." His comment was met with an angry glare from Steven and a snort from Neil, who had also noticed the looks he was casting. The odd thing was, Steven had never been a jealous person. Not that he had ever exactly had someone to be jealous around, girls had never really caught his eye in the past. That, and he had gone to a previously all boys school. Iris had done something to him, and he didn't know how to control it. Steven would normally not develop feelings so quickly, he had only known Iris for two days. Little did he know, Iris felt the same way.

World Studies dragged on for another forty minutes, ending with Mr. Privet announcing a new assignment. "Pick three laboratory experiments from the project list and report on them every five weeks. The first twenty questions at the end of Chapter One are due tomorrow." The class groaned in unison, not looking forward to the tidal wave of homework that lied ahead. Iris and Edward smiled at each other before waving goodbye and going their separate ways, the girl joined her other friends in the journey to Latin with a grin plastered on her face.

Iris plopped down in the seat directly in front of Steven, who beamed a beautiful smile. She turned around and flashed him a smile before whipping her hair back around and excitedly bouncing her leg. Latin was by far one of her favorite subjects.

Her mind was changed thirty minutes into class. While Mr. McAllister droned on, Iris wrote a few words down on a piece of paper. Reaching her hand backwards, she nudged the note into Steven's hand, who curiously opened it.

===

this class is boring );

wanna do a study session tonight? i doubt i'll remember anything by the time we get out of class

-iris x

===

The ginger boy tried his hardest to suppress a large grin, but failed miserably. He quickly scribbled a response, careful not to be caught by the professor.

===

i know, but at least we have each other, right?

as for tonight, 8:00?:)

-steve x

===

Iris turned her head just enough for Meeks to see her wink and give him a thumbs up. Butterflies were set loose in both of their stomach's, desperately wanting their classes to speed by so they could study alone.

- - -

Latin was painstakingly slow, but Iris almost didn't want to get out of her seat. Trigonometry was next on her schedule; math was not her strong suit. As Charlie drug her out of the classroom, various complaints slipped out of her lips. The boys just laughed and pulled her along, guiding her down the hallway into their next set of seats.

Iris, who was half asleep, had been sat next to Richard Cameron, the only boy in the group she could positively not stand to be around. The girl was snapped back into reality as Mr. Haber prepared to dismiss the group. Before the teens were able to escape, he called out one final warning. "Your study of trigonometry requires absolute precision. Anyone failing to turn in any homework assignment will be penalized one point off their final grade. Let me urge you now not to test me on this point."

Iris shuddered as she stood up, cracking her back and stretching out her legs. A groan left her lips as she did so, which earned a chuckle from Steven. The girl teasingly rolled her eyes at the boy, but took his arm and continued down the hall to English.

"I swear Haber is going to murder me. Knox, how high up do you think the window in the Latin classroom is?" Iris dramatically leaned into Steven, causing all of the boys around her to chuckle.

"Hopefully high enough, I may join you," He responded, Charlie grunted in agreement. The large group took their seats in the English classroom. Charlie sat in the far back with Knox taking the seat in front of him, Pitts, Neil, and Cameron filled the full middle row, Todd and Steven sat in the front row, and Iris sat directly behind her favorite ginger. The various loud conversations were quickly shut down when the new teacher strolled through the rows and out of the door. Confused looks were thrown around the classroom, nobody knew exactly what to do.

"So, do we just follow him?" Iris began to stand and collect her things while the boys stared at her incredulously. Just then, Mr. Keating peaked his head back in the door frame and called out to his students.

"Well, come on!"