Chapter One : The Arrival

A sturdy wooden carriage draped with fine silks, followed by 2 similar carriages and 20 heavily armed guards approaches the beautiful extravagant Château de Chambord. In the carriage sits two strikingly good-looking men, on one side of the carriage is the impressionable Prince Alexander of York (heir to the English throne) and opposite him is his fathers close friend Robert Braxton Duke of Kent, sent to oversee him.

Alexander - " This Princess Claude better have been worth this hellish long journey for"

Robert Braxton - " Trust me if there's anything I've learned from the breathtaking women of the french court is that they do not so easily disappoint "

Alexander - " Duke you surprise me, I thought you and the duchess maintain a happy marriage"

Braxton - "We do indeed my lord, however you must remember I was to a young man once. And  when I accompany the ambassador on his trips I get awfully lonely and seek comfort in the arms of many Nobel ladies. Unlike the other Dukes and Earls I have respect for my position and wouldn't compromise that by sharing a bed with a prostitute"

Alexander - " I thought my father sent me to France to meet my future wife and her parents the king and queen. Not to as you put it share a bed with french girls."

Braxton - " Oh he did my lord but your father said that if you were to participate in any activities he would be fine with that as long as rumours did not spread about the future king of England"

Alexander - " Braxton I think if you keep referring to my person as my lord you'll have said it a million times by the time we are back on English soil. Please call me Alexander."

Braxton - " Of course, Alexander."

Braxton and Alexander peer out the window and notice that the carriage has almost reached the palace.

Alexander - "I have to say Duke I was not expecting such a palace of this size. France is starting to grow on me already."

The procession of carriages and guards stop and a guard opens the door. Prince Alexander steps out and looks up to see a large gathering of nobles, guests of the court and servants standing in front of him prepared to greet the young Prince. Front and centre of the gathered house hold standing tall and welcoming but slightly unnerving is King Henri, Queen Ysabella de Medici, Princess Claude, Prince Roberto and his wife Princess Contessina.