My Favorite

Living in a world where you're the youngest and the smallest, and the one who shines the least is something that Lionel is so used to. He's never been loved, he's never been the one who everyone cares for. He's just there.

"Leo! Hurry up!!" Their mother calls

Leo is the new addition. Well, not the new addition, but their last. He's not really sure of what they saw in him. But suddenly a beautiful lady with deep ocean blue eyes and a tall man with coal black ones smiled at him and took him away.

"Leo!!!" She screams a little louder

"G-going!!"

Leo is smaller than the average kid so he needs to take injections to grow a little more. He does it on his own now. He doesn't need anyone to take any pity on him.

"Does it hurt?" Someone asks from the door as he puts his things away

Leo looks up and smiles at his older brother.

"No," he says quietly

"Cmon.. We're gonna go play football!" Cristiano cheers

"Yay!!" Leo smiles

Cristiano tackles him onto the bed and starts tickling him. Leo, laughing, tries to push Cristiano off him. Cristiano suddenly stops and stares at Leo deeply. Leo swallows thickly when he feels the intense stare of his step brother.

"You are loved.. You know that right? I love you, Leo"

Leo can only stare at him. He's frozen.

"There you are! Cristiano! Get off your brother and get out already! Your father and brothers are waiting on you two!" She sighs

She takes Leo's small hands and bends down to his height. She kisses his forehead and holds him closely.

"Don't let them push Leo too much okay? If you feel bad.. Call me okay? I'll go pick you up," their mother says smiling

"Don't worry.. I'll take good care of him."

Cristiano was the oldest. He's in his summer vacation. He will soon have to start college and that scares Leo more than it will ever scare Cristiano. He loves Cristiano. But he's too stubborn to ever admit that he feels strange when his brother is so close to him. Cristiano is the only one that can break Leo as easily as he can make him smile.

__
"Leo you tired?" Their father asks

He breathes heavily and smiles up at him. He nods.

"I'll take him to buy some ice cream.." Cristiano says

Their father nods. He takes Leo's hand and starts walking. Leo is blushing and bowing his head. There's many people staring at them. They don't look related, because they aren't. Leo barely reaches up to Cristiano's arm.

"Aww! They're such a cute couple!" He hears some people say

Theres many awes and such. It makes him blush even more. Cristiano always makes him feel so good, so important.

"You are loved," he says

Leo looks up at him confused. Cristiano always tells him that randomly. Ever since they met, he says it like its a routine.

"You always say that.." Leo says quickly

"And I will continue to say it until the day that I stop loving you,"

"You're my brother.. You'll love me forever.." Leo says smiling

"Then know that you will be loved, always. And I will continue to love you even more than a brotherly way until the day I die.."