"Anyways, my mom has been with this guy, knowing he was married. He still hasn't left his wife to this day. That's why I am the way I am with you." I turn to face him and he nods, understanding. "She's also the reason why I cried myself to sleep wondering what I did wrong to not deserve her love. I used to think that I wasn't capable of love, and that was because I thought that if my own mother didn't love me, then how could anyone else?" 

"Then of course, I got into a toxic relationship, with a girl. I thought that she loved me but really all she did was control me. I was never beat though, not unless you count my mother. She would use anything in reach and hit us all over, just taking her anger out on us. She's the main reason why I have trust issues to this day." I stop talking for a minute and I feel the tears in my eyes and make my way to the bathroom. 

I feel Roman come up and hug me from behind. I quickly turn around in his arms, and he hugs me tightly. "Thank you for telling me. I know you didn't have to, and I wish there was something else I could say besides that I'm sorry you went through that." 

I lean back and he wipes my tears and kisses my forehead. "I promise you, I am not like your mother's boyfriend. I will get this divorce finalized and I will continue to love you with all of my heart. You will know happiness. I will die making sure that you do." He says and holds my face before kissing me. 

I pull away and lay my head on his chest and he hugs me so tight that I can't breathe but I didn't care. "I love you so much, Marlana." He says and I lift my head up to kiss him and he sets me up on the counter. 

The kiss got heated, and I know that I said I would wait, but I needed him now. He pulls away and turns around. "I'm sorry. I went too far." He says and I pull his shirt and he spins around and his lips crash down to mine. "Marlana, you said-" I cut him off by kissing him again. He stands back and removes his shirt over his head and attaches his lips to mine again. 

A knock on the door interrupts us and Roman sighs in frustration and pulls his shirt over his head. "Go wait in the bedroom. This could be Galina." He tells me and I hop off the counter and go into his bedroom. 

Roman's P.O.V

"Galina, what are you doing here?" I ask her, and she tries to step foot in my apartment, but I block her. "I said, what are you doing here?"

"You hung up on me, so I had to come to you instead since you want to be an insensitive prick." She says, inches from my face. 

"You need to leave. Now. If you aren't bringing me my kids for my weekend, then leave. Otherwise, I'll see you in court." I say and slam the door in her face, and locking it. 

I lean my back against the door, as she continues to yell at me through it and I take a deep breath and think back to everything that Marlana had told me earlier.

"Everything okay?" Marlana asks, and I step away from the door and walk over to her. 

"Yeah, I'm good. You?" I ask her and she nods, and I glance down at her cast. "Just a couple more weeks to go until that's off." I tell her and she looks down at it and smiles. 

I could tell there was some tension between the two of us. We were moments away of having sex when Galina interrupted. I wasn't going to push anything because more than likely, it was just in the moment, but god how badly I wanted to touch her, and show he what love really looks like. 

She had made her way back to the bedroom, and I tried to calm myself down before going in there. I've tried to stay away, and let her be with someone who wasn't already married. I tried to fight my feelings for her, but I just can't. There is something about her that just lights a fire within me.