Chapter 41: The Burrow

Start from the beginning

"Woah there Mal, that's a good way of getting started." Harry said before taking the bottle from me and taking a sip for himself. Ginny tried to take a drink when George snatched the bottle away from her.

"Hey!" She complained and smacked her brother's arm.

"You're underage Gin." George pointed out.

"Everyone in this room except for you two is as well." She pointed out.

"But you're our little sister, automatically making you unable to drink in front of us." Fred tried to make an insane point.

"What about Ron?! You're letting him drink." She said just as Ron took the bottle from george. George and Fred turned to look at Ron and shrugged.

"The difference is we don't care about Ron." Fred teased and both Mione and Harry laughed.

"Gee, right back at you brothers." Ron rolled his eyes and took a sip, handing it to Hermione who shook her head once she smelled it.

"Oh come on. Just try it." Harry said. She rolled her eyes but finally took a big sip and we all laughed when she coughed from the alcohol.

"Nice!" I tapped her knee. Ginny tried to take the bottle from Mione but George snatched it away again, making her groan.

"Stop playing, hand it over."

"No." George repeated.

"That's fine, I'm sure mom will love to hear about how you two had three bottles of firewhiskey in your room. She will have a blast with that." Ginny challenged and the twins both groaned, knowing they just lost. George handed her the bottle and we all laughed at his scowl as she took the biggest sip out of all of us. We spent the rest of the night like this, taking turns taking sips of the bottles until we had finally drank all of them and all of us were past the brutally honest truth and were laughing uncontrollably.

"So the first week I spent at the Grangers, Mione was a total brat." I told the story of how the adoption got started. Apparently in the phase where I was being brutally honest I had confessed how I was adopted and the death eater that kidnapped me, had been my father.

"I was not! That was you!" Mione accused.

"I barely said a word! I was freaking intimidated by this little girl who refused to share the remote with me." I leaned on Fred as I laughed.

"Selfish Hermione, would love to see that." Ron teased as he slung an arm over Hermione's shoulders, making her blush.

"How would you feel with a stranger in your house?"

"Hey! I'm not a stranger." I threw a peanut at her and she threw it back at me.

"Well, you were back then."

"And now you love me." I enunciated the word.

"And you do me."

"Sometimes." I shrugged.

"And for short periods of time." We both said at the same time and laughed. I looked over at Harry and Ginny, who were curled up on the loveseat together, and they were laughing as Ginny played with his hair. I rolled my eyes at how Ron blushed when Mione leaned on him. God so many happy people. Nauseating.

"Those two should just admit it already." Fred whispered in my ear, motioning at Ron and Mione.

"They're too boring to admit it." I rolled my eyes and leaned on Fred's shoulder.

"So, how are you and Malfoy doing?" He asked and I straightened up immediately.

"Umm... another firewhiskey anyone?" I tried to get up and stumbled, making Fred catch me and stand up to help me. "I don't need help. I'm fine. Just umm... where do you keep the firewhiskey?"

"We brought down all of it."

"Bull. You must have something."

"I mean... we bought some stuff from Neville but it's not a drink and it's certainly much stronger."

"Great, I'll go get--" I stumbled again and Fred caught me by my waist.

"C'mon, I'll show you." Fred said and helped me up the stairs to his room.

"I'll just take a seat on your bed for a second if you don't mind." I stumbled and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Talk to me Mal."

"Umm... your bed is very bouncy, do you know that?" I bounced on the bed and laughed to myself. God I'm wasted.

"Mal..."

"There's nothing to talk about. Literally. Haven't seen him since that day we got Bon Bon. Haven't heard from him since we got Bon Bon. He hasn't written since we got Bon Bon. Bon Bon's a funny name. Bon Bon. Try saying it quickly, Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon Bon." I giggled to myself and Fred rolled his eyes.

"Remind me you're a lightweight next time, will you? And I can't believe the audacity of that asshole. To not even write? Bullshit."

"Eh it's fine. I just won't have sex with him until he tells me what the hell his problem is. And the excuse better be damn good." I sighed and laid down on the bed.

"Ookay... too much information. But I agree, his excuse better be good. Wait... you two have smooshed already?" He sat next to me on the bed and leaned on the headboard.

"Obviously. What did you think we were doing for over a year and a half? Just hold hands and peck kissing like chickens?"

"Chickens?"

"Yeah, ugly little suckers. And I, my dear troublemaking friend, am not ugly." I giggled and sat up as well.

"Good point." Fred said and slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Draco and I will be fine... right?" I looked up at Fred.

"I mean... I think so. I don't think two people could be together for that long and survived as many problems without there being a real connection there."

"I hope so." We sat in silence for a couple moments before I spoke up again, "I love him Fred. I don't want us to end."

"Stop overthinking. You won't. C'mon, just go to sleep." Fred pulled me to lean on him and I closed my eyes for a couple seconds before the realization hit me.

"You were never going to give me Neville's weed, were you?"

"Sshh. I'm trying to sleep." Fred pretended to snore and I rolled my eyes and got comfortable, leaning closer on him more and allowing myself to drift off to sleep.

Thank you Fred. I probably would go crazy without you. I'm so glad I have you.

Now, onto the other ongoing challenge: Draco Malfoy.

please vote if you liked it! Thank you:)