The Engagement

Tony's POV
"Glad to know your home safe." Pepper said when I walked into the kitchen.

"How'd you get in?" I asked surprised.

"Jarvis let me in." She said. She had a plate of food in front of her. "I decided to help myself to this takeout."

I laughed.

"Well it's good that you're here. Saves me the trouble of finding you." I say. I move my hand to my pocket. I smiled as I felt the small, velvet box.

"Finding me? Whatever for?" She asks, a smile dancing on her lips.

"Jarvis, help me will ya?" I ask. Jarvis dimmed the lights and I walked over to the seat Pepper was sitting at. I bent down on one knee.

She looked at me, obviously confused.

"Tony get up off the—"

"Will you marry me?" I cut her off. I take out the box and hold it in front of her. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

I opened the box to reveal a rather simple ring. Gold with a red ruby in the center.

"My mother's engagement ring." I said as she stared in shock.

"Who would of ever thought the Tony Stark one get down on one knee and commit?" She whispered to herself.

"Hey now. I'm full of surprises." I say, pretending to be offended.

"Yes. Yes you are. And I accept." She said. As I put the ring around her finger, I smiled so hard my face hurt. I was going to marry this woman.

An hour later we were laying on the couch. I had chosen Meet the Robertson's much to Pepper's amusement.

"So. Here's the big question. Are we gonna have kids?" Pepper whispered watching as the little boy in the movie got the old man's teeth from the frog.

"Actually! I saw the bravest kid the day of the expo. He thought he could take on a murder bot but I shot it before it could hurt him." I said, remembering the little boy.

"Maybe we could adopt." Pepper suggested.

"Him? I bet he has a family."

"No not him metal head. Just some kid."

"Sounds good to me." I say resting my head on hers.

We both fell asleep on the couch.

A/N
I know this is a really short chapter but I felt that this chapter didn't need to be to long.

Hope you're having a nice day, and take care of yourself!

(Also check out my other fanfic if you want?)