As soon as she opened his room she found him sat on the edge of the bed, having clearly been walking with the obvious sweat on his brow.

"Mr Shelby there's a visitor here" she said and watched as he slowly turned to look at her, his face unreadable.

"Who?"

"Father Hughes"

"Fuck" he mumbled to himself with a smirk. Before Olivia could ask him if he wanted to see his visitor she heard footsteps making its way down the hall.

Rushing over to him she quickly leaned down, her mouth next to his ear "There's a scalpel in your top draw"

"Ah Mr Shelby how good to see you!" Father Hughes greeted happily as he slipped into the door, sending a sly look at Olivia who quickly scrambled up.

"Father" Tommy greeted, his eyes trained on the man who was hell bent on making his presence known.

"I'll leave you both to it" Olivia mumbled as she nodded at the father, her eyes on the floor as she began to leave the room.

Just being in their presence for a few seconds confirmed what she had guessed. Father Hughes was the reason Tommy Shelby was in the hospital, under her care. Every bad feeling she had about Farther Hughes had made sense.

There had been whispering's that he was up to no good but nobody believed it. After all he was a man of god.

——
Olivia kept her eyes peeled on the door at all times, waiting for the door to open. It was like she couldn't breathe knowing that Tommy was trapped in that room without her.

It was stupid of her to get herself so emotionally wrapped up with a man that she didn't know but he needed her. Well, that's what she told herself over and over again to justify her confusing emotions.

After thirty minutes the father abruptly left, his face ashen as he rushed down the hall and out of the building.

"Nurse Heart" she heard him call her name and she began to walk towards him without a second thought to herself.

As she opened his door she found him sitting in the chair next to his bed smoking. A small sigh of relief fell from her lips, so small that she hoped he didn't notice. Tommy was fine, still unreadable but fine as he watched her enter.

"Yes?"

"Why did you do that?" He asked her as he motioned for her to sit on the bed, facing him. Unconsciously doing as he asked she eyed him once more, checking that her hard work hadn't been undone.

"I don't know" she replied honestly "I had a feeling about him and-"

"You're feeling was right" he said as he blew smoke from his mouth "I need a favour"

"No!" She snapped, her eyes glaring over at him instantly "I don't want to get involved"

Tommy smirked, she was so fiery when she needed to be "I need you to take this letter to my aunt, that's it, nothing more Miss Heart"

"Can't you just wait until she comes tomorrow?" She asked as she eyed the envelope on his lap.

"It has to be tonight"

Both of them stared at one another, trying to figure out what was happening. Olivia was a nurse that until now lived a busy but ordinary life. Now she was considering doing this for him without a reason....

"Or?" She whispered, her eyes nervously flickering from his to the letter.

"Or I'll have to do it myself" he smirked knowing that she wouldn't allow that to happen in his condition.

Huffing she closed her eyes and counted down from ten, trying to remain completely professional as she realised that she would have to deliver this letter for him.

"Fine but this is the first and last time"

"I'll have someone pick you up in an hour. Take this to Polly and her only. Once you've done it I'll have them bring you back" he said as he gently handed her the letter.

"You're the most difficult patient I've ever had" she scowled as she stood up.

"Oh I know" he smirked as she watched her leave, knowing that there was at least two people he could trust in the world.

——

Wrapped in her coat Olivia stepped out of the car, her eyes trained forward on the beautiful house just a path away. The lights where delicately burning in the window and she realised Polly Grey certainly had taste.

"I'll wait for you here Miss Heart" Tommy's driver mumbled as she began to make her way up the path, the letter she was delivering tucked under her arm.

Taking a deep breath she placed a knock on the door in front of her and waited.

As she stepped back the door flung open and she found Ada Shelby staring at her, her eyes widening before her hand flew to her mouth.

"Oh! No! Miss Shelby" Olivia fumbled as she stepped forward to comfort her.

"Ada what is it?" Polly snapped as she came up behind Ada "Miss Heart! What's happened? Is Tommy okay?"

Olivia nervously pushed her hair away "Yes! I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. Tommy has asked that I deliver this letter to you" she quickly thrust the envelope into Polly's frozen hand.

"You better come in love"

——

Olivia felt herself shrink under the stare of Tommy's family. Arthur, John, Ada, Polly, Michael and Esme stood in the small kitchen, staring at Olivia as they waited for Polly to finish reading the letter.

Polly began to smirk as she read the letter but quickly shoved it back in the envelope.

"Will someone tell me what the bloody hell is going on ere?" Arthur snapped as he looked to his family to fill him in.

Polly slowly lit a cigarette and delicately pressed it to her lips, her eyes boring into Olivias as she answered "Tommy has requested that Miss Heart here is placed on the board of The Shelby company"

"What!?" Everyone yelled including Olivia.