"Hey sis?! I have some work I need to do for a teacher. Are you ok walking home alone today?" He scratches the back of his head with an apologetic look on his face.

"It's alright! Just come back home safe." I give him a reassuring smile and a quick hug.

"K! See ya!" He waves and jogs off.

"See ya!" I wave and start walking home.

"Hey Ayaka! Wait up!" I turn around and see Taro running. "Here is your lunch box."

"Oh!" I take mine and hand him back his.

"Where's Sato?" He looks around.

"He had some work to finish up." I start walking again and he follows me.

"But you shouldn't walk home alone. There are creeps everywhere" he makes a disgusted face.

I laugh, "Then can you walk me home?" I piece of my hair falls over my shoulder as I look at his face.

"What?! I um I-" he stutters and I laugh.

"Then it's decided! You're walking me home. Thanks Taro!" I smile.

"Wait! I didn't agree to this!" He makes a big fuss.

"But you didn't disagree so I decided for you." I make a sad face, "I'm not that terrible to walk home with am I?"

"No! I didn't mean that!"

"Then let's walk home together." we cross the street and he puts his hands in his pockets.

"Fine." he lets out a sigh.

"So how is life with Shigure? I heard you were staying there for a couple weeks with you parents." I break the silence.

"That guy is a complete perv! He never shuts up about high school girls!" He squeezes his eyes shut and pulls at his hair.

"Really? I want to meet him."

"Are you deaf?! Did you not just hear what I said about the creep?!" He yells at me and I give him a smile.

"I only have met some of the zodiacs. Mom hasn't introduced me to Shigure yet."

"I wouldn't blame her...."

"Maybe I'll pay a visit! But you have to be there with me or else I will not feel safe." I add.

We stop in front of the Sohma residence.

"U-um sure." he gives a quick nod.

Ruffling his hair I give him a thumps up, "Then I will make sure it's alright with mom and dad! Thanks for walking me home Taro. See ya!" I wave to him as I walk in.

"Ok, see ya." he answers back unamused. Its so like him to act like that.

I enter the house and call out saying I'm back. And head up the stairs. Tossing my school bag on my bed, I change into comfortable clothes. I put on a pair of black sweatpants and a purple tank top. I put my hair up into a messy bun and walk back downstairs.

"Where is Sato?" Father gives me a confused look.

"He had some work he needed to finish for a teacher." I sit down at the table.

"He better hurry or I'm gonna eat all his dinner!" he replies jokingly.

"What did you just say?!" An upset Sato enters the room.

"Welcome back Sato!" I say cheerfully.

"How was school today?" Dad asks.

"Don't change the subject!" He gets more upset.

Bonk!

"Ow! What was that for?!" My brother turns around as my mother sets the cooking pot on the stove.

"Shut up and sit down..." she replies calmly and he stomps over next to me, pouting.

"Did you hear about Alastor becoming the new Jade emperor?" I ask father and he nods his head. "Akito wants him to become a cruel leader so he can set us straight."

I hear a clatter and look over to see mom has dropped the stirring stick and is frozen.

"I'm sorry..." she regains her senses and picks up the spoon. My mother doesn't like Akito after what she did to her and father. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to hurt Akito back.

"Let's talk about this subject later.." there is a hint of warning in his voice and I leave it.

"Yes" I nod my head.

"What are we having for dinner?!" My brother asks excitedly.

"Smoked salmon and curry with rice." dad replies happily

"I can't wait!"
___________________________

"Mmm. That was a good dinner! I'm stuffed!" My brother exclaims as we head upstairs.

"It was!" I smile. "Now time for bed!"

"Yep! Goodnight sis!" He gives me a bear hug and I can't breathe.

"Please.... let.... go.." I manage to say and he releases his suffocating hug.

"Just messin with ya!" he gives me a big goofy grin and I laugh.

"Goodnight." I enter my room and lay down on my mat getting under the thick blanket. I hear a knock and tell them to come in. My mother comes in and I sit up. "Are you ok mom?" She nods her head and I relax a little.

She gets under the covers with me and gives me a warm hug. "I'm sorry I don't spend much time with you..." she says softly.

"It's ok..." I wrap my arms around her small framed body. "Oh I have something to ask you mom."

"Yes? What is it?" She strokes my hair.

"Can I stop by Uncle Shigure's house tomorrow? Taro will be with me and also his parents." I look up at her.

"That's fine... as long as you come back home safe around 7..." I nod my head and give her a big hug.

"Thanks mom!" I feel her tense up because she wasn't expecting that reaction.

"Your welcome..." she smiles slightly and I doze off in her arms feeling happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR NOTE

Hayo peeps! So I hope this chapter was good for you!😊 I tried😅 I will try and update soon! Hope you have an awesome day!✌️😄
BYEZ❤️🍭