They walked to their left, and stopped in front of the third door, which was immediately opened.

The bedroom was quite simple - it had a double sized white and grey bed, and the room itself didn't have much decoration - only the necessary furniture.

"This used to be a dressing room, but we decided to turn it into a guest bedroom just recently. I hope it's okay for your needs." She explained.

"No, yes it's perfect, thank you."

Carol looked at the skate he was holding under his arm "You can place your skate in the garage if you'd like"

"I'd rather keep it here. Hopefully that's alright..?"

"No, no it's fine, I was just asking. Anyways, let's go I want to show you the rest of the house" Carol suggests, getting ready to walk away. However, before she could do anything, Ricky stopped her.

"Actually...I feel extremely exhausted, would it be okay if you did that tomorrow? I'd prefer to stay here, organise my stuff and all that before dinner.." He tried not to sound rude.

"Oh" She mumbled out "Well I understand, pretend you're at home. Make yourself comfortable." She flashed a gentle smile, walking out the door and closing it to give him some privacy.

'I'd rather not pretend I'm home'  He thought. Home was cold, sad and lonely. He didn't want to feel like so anymore, therefore not being at home was the perfect chance for that.

Ricky undressed his jacket, and fell onto the big, comfortable bed, letting out a hopeless sigh. Finally some time alone. It had been a.. complicated day. Way too of a long day. He couldn't wait to go to sleep, and for a good amount of hours forget about all of his problems, all of the pain he was feeling.

A few minutes later, he started unpacking, and placing his clothes on the closet. The guitar he had been carrying was placed under the bed, and so was the skate.

Music and skating. His passions. Whenever he did any of those, nothing else mattered. They really kept him happy and full filled, which didn't happen often, specially considering the situation he was facing at the moment.

Ricky decided to place his hygiene needs (for example his shampoo, toothbrush and among many important others) in the bathroom.

The hall looked so big, where could the bathroom be? That second, he immediately regretted rejecting Carol's offer, because he would have to wander around the house looking for a bathroom. And he didn't feel comfortable enough to do that, just yet.

He took two steps away from the bedroom, not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, before he could even think of what he could do, he heard the sound of a piano, and a beautiful voice. The most beautiful voice he had ever heard in his entire life. A voice that gave him hope, like a light in the middle of the cold, harsh darkness. A voice that carried so much emotion, he almost could feel what the person was feeling. A voice that sounded magical, that made him believe. Believe in everything, in love, in better upcoming days, in his dreams.

The voice seemed to be owned by a girl. A young girl. Was it Carol and Dana's daughter? What was her name? He couldn't remember.

He didn't know. All he knew was that her voice was wonderful, and drew him like a magnet, so naturally.

"All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high?
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day.
But shouldn't that be enough for me..?"