I scuffed. "What family? What friends? Nothing's in Chicago but bad memories and lost dreams"

She looked down and sighed. "I understand Zen, but I really want for you t-"

"Who gives a fuck what you want for me? Did you care what I wanted for you when you were strung out on drugs every other damn night? Did you care when you left the house for three and four days at a time? Or did you care when you spent all the damn rent money on God knows what? No so don't even come in here with that bullshit." I almost yelled. I kept my voice down so Tommy couldn't hear me upstairs.

Her expression was blank. She looked like she was angry and sad at the same time. I had never spoken to her like that so I can tell why she's quiet.

"Zen you haven't given me time to explain. I'm better now" she spoke quietly.

"I don't want to hear your shit, and I'm sure as hell not moving back." I said in my same confident tone. This time she didn't look to pleased. Her facial expression quickly changed to angry and you could tell her blood was boiling.

She stood up quickly and grabbed my arm. Her grip became tighter and tighter as she spoke.

Better my ass.

"I don't know who the hell you think you talking to, but it's definitely not me. I am still your fucking big sister and you will not talk to me like that" She spat, glaring at me.

I glared back with intense hate in my eyes. I mugged her so hard that my lip almost felt numb. Her gaze mimicked mine, but it was a lot less softer.

"Man y'all need to chill out" King said stepping in between us. I had almost forgot that he was even here. I was so invested in Dawn that I hadn't even acknowledged him anymore.

"And who the hell are you?" Dawn yelled, letting go of my arm before turning towards King. I looked down at my arm to see the red mark that she had made. We nails even drew blood. I ignored it for right now and looked at Dawn.

"You can't talk to him like that!" I yelled.

"I can talk to anybody how I want. Now excuse me." She turned back to King. "Who the hell are you?"

King's face stayed emotionless and he looked at Dawn.

"Look I don't know you and you damn sure don't know my ass, but I ain't about to let you talk to me any kind of way." He said calmly.

I mentally commended him for his calmness, because I sure as hell couldn't do it. It was just the fact that Dawn came in here dictating shit like she was God himself.

"Excuse me? You can't talk to me like that. I am grown!" She exclaimed getting in King's face.

I kept quiet because I know King doesn't play. If he wanted to put Dawn in her place right here and right now I know he would. He just looked at her, with an annoyed facial expression.

I couldn't really tell if he was going to argue with her or just punch the shit out of her. It was so much tension in the air, and even more because Dawn had obviously thought she won.

"Fuck this" he mumbled, before grabbing his keys and heading out the door.

"Wait!" I yelled holding his arm.

Dawn dusted herself off and then say back down in her seat. King snatched away from me and rushed towards the door.

I rushed out the kitchen going after him. If I was going to face Dawn I needed some back up. I needed King here.

"King stop!" I called, reaching for his arm again.

"What?" He spat in my face, looking at me with the same expression he gave Dawn just moments ago.