Once outside I pointed to a ruin, high in the mountains near Haven Forest. Or... you know what was left of it.

"The surprise is secured inside there."

Jak crossed his arms and peered up to where I was pointing.

"Really, well all the portals have shut down and the path there has been destroyed."

I rest my left hand on my hip before nodding slightly.

"Yeah, but have you already forgotten you've got a pair of wings now? And don't worry about getting back. There's a light eco vent up there. It's one of the reasons I chose that place. The other is that it's inaccessible to anyone without their own wings. Not even Hell Cats would be able to get up there."

Jak looked at her incredulously before she cut him off with a bright light.

Her pale skin and blonde hair turned a light violet, glowing brightly with a white energy. Her violet eyes turned completely white, until each eye was completely enveloped in a white glow. Her black and dark purple vest and trousers were replaced by white, glowing robes. Her black combat boots completely vanished, leaving her barefoot.

And from her back, emerged two violet energy wings, each glowing with the same white light that surround her entire outline.

She looked back at Jak, who just regarded her with a distant expression.

"Come on then."

She took off immediately. She heard a heavy sigh behind her but did not turn back. The flapping of eco wings reassured her he was still following.

She almost didn't think he would.

She 'disappeared' as Jak called it right before and after Damas and Jak crashed.

He was... livid to say the least.

First of all, of all the things he's had to go through, knowing that she had the power to change it and didn't - - him losing his father right after learning it was him all along was definitely the worst.

The least she could have done was at least tell him. Because, after all, she knew. She knew about everything that was going to happen!

And second of all... she wasn't there. She wasn't there to explain things to him, or help him in any way like she has before.

Rae sighed as the cliffs came into view and she ducked to avoid a low lying branch, dangling off the cliff face.

Well, what he didn't know was that she actually was there.
_______________________________________

She was hiding behind a slab of stone to stay out of Veger's sight.

And when they left... she transformed to gather enough strength to move the car off of Damas.

Yes, yes he was dead.

But, not for long.

It took a minute to get a proper grip on his body, dead weight and all, but once she managed to grab him securely she slowly and carefully flew toward the old ruins.

It was the only place she was absolutely sure was inaccessible to anyone but her.

Well, and now Jak.

There, the healing could begin. Yeah, she's healed people before when there wasn't enough eco around. She's even healed Jak when there were no health packs or not enough light eco around.

But she's never raised the dead.

And this action, is what was going to cost her.
_______________________________________