Homeward Bound

Dozens of troopers were shooting at us. Poe and I were sprinting away, ducking as blaster bolts almost hit our bodies. We turned several corners before we saw some double doors, the same doors that lead straight back to our ship. Poe opened them and with great relief, I saw that the ship was untouched. We darted towards it, the ramp opening just in time for us to bolt inside and into the cockpit. 

Poe sat in the captain's chair as a force of habit, but I didn't say anything. I was just focused on getting out of here. "Strap yourself in," Poe said as he reached for the controls. The ship shot into the air and steadily rose away from the surface. As soon as we breached the atmosphere, we plugged in the coordinates for the Resistance base. "Punch it," I said to Poe. He obeyed and we were in hyperspace, headed for home. 

The two of us sighed heavily with relief. Our mission was completed successfully and we were both safe. Plus, something had blossomed between us, something both of us had let loose after Poe had saved me. 

We sat in silence for a few moments, waiting for the other to speak first. The quiet was broken by Poe. "Shit, I'm in your seat." 

I laughed. "Don't worry about it. You're a better much better pilot than I am." 

"Not true," Poe asserted. "However, I'll take the compliment if that means I get to fly the rest of the way." I looked at him with a smile and nodded, turning away, my eyes no longer fixed on him as my gaze went down to your lap. Poe didn't look away, though. I could feel him admiring me from afar. 

I stood up and began to walk towards the door. "(Y/N)," Poe said, but I was already out of the cockpit. He followed me. "(Y/N)," he said again, this time softer. I stopped and turned around to face him. "Poe, we can't. I'm your superior, it wouldn't be right." He moved closer to me, making the space between us smaller. 

"We both know that you don't think that. You want this as much as I do. (Y/N), if you feel the same way, please tell me," Poe pleaded. 

I reached up to him, your hands clasping around his neck as you embraced him. He hugged me back, wrapping his arms around the small of my back. "You know I feel the same way," I whispered in his ear. "But I just-" He cut me off by kissing me. The kiss deepened and a burning desire overtook us as we made our way towards the bunks.