He huffed and pushed me on. "Someone's got to. Go on. Save the world."

Liv was standing at the front door with a backpack. "You know I have to come." She said.

I hugged her tightly, relieved that I would have someone with me on this. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

We got in a black Chevy SUV and Kat pulled out a phone. "We're bringing them in." She said.

We arrived at the airport and were escorted to a special jet. Kat and Marci sat across from Liv and I. I was quiet, filled with too much anticipation about what was going on. Liv chatted animatedly with the girls. It took us a few hours but we made it to the airship where they were holding Loki. I looked around me, impressed with the technology and agents running around. This was definitely something bigger than I'd ever seen even in the news. Then again, SHIELD was, according to Marci, the world's leading spy agency. I raised a brow and looked at Liv. She made an impressed face and stepped closer to me.

We were shown to the bridge where what I was told was called the Avengers Initiative Team was waiting. Marci had explained it all in the last ten minutes on the flight. She had shown me their basic social profiles, only giving me enough to recognize who was who and why they were important. I looked around, recognizing all the faces from the profiles. Everyone but Agent Barton was there. Kat had said that Loki was controlling him somehow. I walked in and stood by the table, looking around.

"Hi." I said quietly. They were all looking at me curiously. "Ebony Gray. And my sister Olivia. I was called in for Loki?"

Tony Stark slid a cup of coffee to me. "So you're the girl who was holed up with him in that little place?"

I followed his pointing finger to a screen that had a satellite image on my house. I nodded, swallowing a lump in my throat as I thought of how things had changed. "How long have you been monitoring us?"

"We weren't." A woman said. She introduced herself as Maria Hill. "But we have imaging of you from CCTV. We're assuming his trying to take over the world is pretty new." She pressed something on the glass table and the picture split apart and changed into six pictures of me and Loki. I looked them over, recognizing three of them from the few times we went into town for dinner. One was a camera that looked like it was outside some shop when we were in the mountains. Another two looked like they were outside the movie theater at the mall. I blushed as I realized one of the last ones was of Loki pinning me to a wall. I remembered that night...

We'd gone to see a horror movie and I'd been scared half to death the whole time. When we left, Loki had teased me about the way I'd clung to him. He'd pinned me to a wall and leaned in close, grinning at me. "You just can't stay away from me, can you darling?" He'd murmured.

"Miss?"

I jumped and looked up at the man talking to me. "Sorry." I muttered. I met his piercing blue eyes and then looked at the silver and red armor he wore. My eyes widened. I studied his muscles and armor and decided he was definitely Thor. His brows furrowed and he continued to gaze at me. I smothered a laugh as I saw Kat slide closer to him.

"You are the Lady Gray?" Thor spoke, his voice booming throughout the room. I nodded. "My brother...how was he before this?"

I thought for a long moment, wondering how to describe it. "Happy." I nodded to myself. "He was happy. He was trying to start over after everything he'd done."

Tony snorted. "He's not doing such a good job."

I glared at him. "I noticed. I also noticed that he's been poisoned in some way and recruited by someone much stronger than him. Update me on what we know and I'll see what I can make sense of."