"And irony's okay, I suppose. Culture is to blame. You try and mask your pain in the most postmodern way."

Scarlett was quite shocked to hear how butter-smooth Caleb's voice was. It was like he was meant to sing the song.

And maybe this was in her head, or because he was looking directly at her when he sang but she felt like he was singing to her.

"I'm sure that you're not just another girl."

He looked away, closed his eyes and sang into his mic.

"Why can't we be friends, when we are lovers? 'Cause it always ends with us hating each other."

It seemed to be almost immediate that the song had come to and end and Scarlett couldn't believe how engrossed in it she was.

People clapped, they wooed, they cheered as loudly as they could.

The band was popular for a reason.

"Shots!" One of Caleb's bandmates had come to the bar and the rest followed. They were all smiles, the rush of performing was evident with their behavior.

"Of?"

"What are we drinking boys?" Caleb's bandmate turned to ask and they settled on tequila. "Take a shot with us," the guy she'd come to know as George looked at her waiting for her name.

"Scarlett," but Caleb gave it instead. Scarlett smiled.

"I don't drink." She responds as she poured them a few shots and when they went to pay, she let them know that it was on the house per request from Rick.

"I like you," the other band mate Jack said. "You're cool, Scarlett. Boys, pool!" A few moments later, Caleb was the only one left while Scarlett stood with the bartop separating them.

"What did we think?" Caleb asked genuinely curious.

With a grin, she looked at the golden-haired boy. "You're no Matty but you did your thing up there. You're really talented."

He laughed as he placed his hands together and bowed his head slightly. "The compliment of all compliments. Thanks love."

Ignoring how that, 'love' made her feel, she chuckled and asked him about the history of Four Roses. "So when did you guys start the band?"

"Um, well we've had this band since we were thirteen," he chuckled. "But we didn't take it seriously until we were out of high school and we got a record deal with an indie label after a show we played at some run-down club."

"Wow."

"Yeah." He chuckled. "It was crazy how quickly everything happened. I was set to go off to university but I couldn't just ignore my dream when it was right there for the taking."

"I don't blame you," Scarlett replies while wiping the spilt alcohol on the bar top. "You guys were clearly meant to play together."

"And I wouldn't want it to be any other way."

"I bet." Caleb's lips curl up; he was enjoying his talk with Scarlett and he couldn't help but look at her she was so beautiful to him. "What?" She asks upon noticing him stare. She could feel the heat rush to her cheeks, blood staining them- making it known she felt nervous with his stare. But luckily, the lighting was kind and hid that from him.

With a nod, he bites his bottom lip softly. "Nothing."

|||

Scarlett left from behind the bar and headed to the back to let Rick know she was heading home. She had finished counting how much money she made in tips and it came up to a total of, $319 dollars. A good night, Scarlett grinned.