Imagine One

"Chal chal moti.. Paka mat. Gadhi!!" 

Something was wrong. Siddharth knew that. He had returned from his shoot an hour ago and like always, was greeted by his mother on the front door of the apartment. Usually, a skipping and giggling Shehnaaz followed close behind which made the most horrible of days thousand times better but today, Siddharth was surprised to find the house drowned in an eerie silence. Ever since Shehnaaz had entered his life, silence was somewhat of a stranger to him.  

That stranger had decided to greet him today, in the most unexpected manner and it made him worried.  

He smiled at his mother, left a few bags of shopping on the couch in the living room and made his way to Shehnaaz and his room. Shehnaaz was sitting on the bed, staring at the opposite wall of the room aimlessly.  

"Shehnaaz.. I'm home." Siddharth said in a soft, quiet voice. Shehnaaz looked at him and attempted to plaster a fake smile on her face, for his sake. 

Fortunately, Siddharth knew better than that. He climbed into the bed and tugged her closer to him. "Mood kharab hai mery jaan ka?" He asked softly. Shehnaaz shook her head.  

"Toh teri yeh smile fake kyon hai?" He asked. Shehnaaz looked surprised. "Aise mat dekh, itna toh jaanta hu tujhe me kay bata saku kab genuinely smile kar rahi hai aur kab fake. Ab batayegi ya hypnotist bulwaana padega tere dimaag mein kya chal raha hai yeh pata karne ke liye?"  

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes.
"Woh.. Paras ne.. interview me bakwaas-- it doesn't matter." Shehnaaz shook her head, snuggling with him.  

Siddharth sighed, "Kya bola?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her and kissing the top of her head.  

Shehnaaz shrugged, handing him her phone. Siddharth unlocked her phone (he knew the password!) and went straight to her Instagram account. Sure enough, there were a couple videos on her newsfeed where Paras Chhabra was quoted saying that Shehnaaz was using the SidNaaz tag to create hype for her projects. He had also added that SidNaaz would fade away with time or Siddharth will grow tired of her name being joined with his and clear the air around the hashtag, which to his knowledge was completely imaginative.  
Siddharth sighed, the comments under the post made him want to hunt the man down and kill him with his bare hands, for being the instigator of the chaos that had ensued. The negativity in the comment section of these posts made him flinch and his hold instinctively tightened around Shehnaaz's frame.  

"I know yeh cheezein hoti hai. Log bolte hai and we should learn to ignore the negativity and focus on the positive aspects of the situation par me nahi kar paati Siddharth. Baat tujhpe aati hai toh ajeeb ho jaati hu me. Darr lagta hai.. taqleef hoti hai mujhe." Shehnaaz confessed innocently.  

Siddharth nodded. "I know. Pata hai mujhe. SidNaaz hamare liye sirf hashtag nahi hi, hamari sacchai hai. You know that right?" Siddharth asked hopefully. 
Shehnaaz nodded. 

"Mein protective hoon Shehnaaz, mein hamari personal life ko media ke hawaale nahi kar sakta. Mein bolta nahi hu par mein bahot pyaar karta hu jaan. Tu meri life ki sabse badi jeet hai Shehnaaz aur.. bahar.. bahar itne log hai, hazaar baatein, hazaar tareeqay se karne waale. Tujhe flaunt karne ka mann mera bhi hota hai jaan, tu itni acchi hai, itni pyaari itni pure, positive aur tu meri hai. Mein duniya ko cheekh-cheekh ke batana chahta hoon Shehnaaz Kaur Gill meri mohobbat hai but darr lagta hai mujhe. Duniya se, khud se, logon se.."  

"Logon ko khushiyan bardasht nahi hoti hai kisi ki. Mein tujhe kho nahi sakta mera baccha. Tu itni paaq hai.. tujhe nazar laga denge yeh log. Tujhse teri yeh paaq masoomiyat cheen legi duniya aur mein yeh nahi chaahta. Bas.. bas isiliye aaj tak duniya se apni iss duniya ko chupa ke rakha hai mene. Koi kucch bhi kahe, tu bas yeh yaad rakhna, ki SidNaaz mein, jaise Naaz ke aage dhaal banke uska Sid khada hai na, vaise hi zindagi bhar teri dhaal ban ke khada rahunga mein. Aur tu, meri Naaz, mere peeche hamesha mere saaye ki tarah saath rahegi. Mein ladkhadaunga toh mujhe sambhalegi. Haina?" 
Shehnaaz nodded with a smile. Siddharth kissed her forehead. 

"Mein SidNaaz se kabhi pareshaan nahi hunga baby. Koi paras, shefali rashmi kuch bhi kahe, tujhe toh yaqeen hai na mujhpe?" 

"Haan." 

"Chal ab tera mood theek karte hai. Bahot dinn ho gye, SidNaaz waalon ke yahan sukha pada huva hai. Thoda sa content de dete hai aaj unko." Siddharth said, his eyes shining in mirth. 
"Tu kya karne waala hai bebu?" Shehnaaz asked

Siddharth shrugged. "Teri ek photo hai na, tune meri grey waali hoodie daali hai. Woh story pe post kar raha hu tere account se. Tu usme bilkul cute sa panda lag rahi thi." He grinned at her. 

"Matlab apna juloos khud nikaaloge shukla ji?" Shehnaaz asked surprised. 

"Abbey unko kya pata ki mene post kari hai ya tune. Bill toh tujhpe hi phatega iss baar bhi." Siddharth said cheekily. 

Shehnaaz smiled. "Tu kitna pyaara hai mere kullu. Mera mood theek karne ke liye kya kya karta hai." She said cutely. 

"Ab teri hasi se mera ghar roshan hota hai meri jaan. Tu khush toh sab sahi, tu udaas toh sab galat." Siddharth said sincerely. 

Shehnaaz smiled. 
"Accha aaj lunch karne bahar chale?" Siddharth asked, "Teri favorite tootifrootie khayenge aate huve." 

Shehnaaz nodded eagerly. "Tu itna accha kyu hai bebu. Tu merko kitna saara pyaar karta hai.." 

"Chal chal Moti! Pakka matt! Gadhi!" Siddharth said, looking away as heat rose to his cheeks. 

Shehnaaz pouted. 

"Chal ab fataak se ready ho aur chal." Siddharth said, getting out of bed and pulling her along and pushed her into the walk-in closet. 

***

So, I'm starting a new series. Where my readers that is you, will give me 1 phrase or dialogue that Shehnaaz/Siddharth/Rita Aunty/Neetu di/ Preeti di etc. Etc. Etc. (you get it) says to another character of the story. 

For example,

• Siddharth to Shehaaz
Chal bay moti, paka mat..

• Shehnaaz to Siddharth 
Mujhe attention de kutte!

And I'll write a story with this dialogue. 

So drop in a few dialogues if you want to read stories like that. If you don't have any dialogues you can also give me short prompts, telling me a situation that you want SidNaaz in. Yeh waale example nahi hai mere pas toh thoda dimaag khud laga kena samajhne me. Drop in a couple ideas in the comments down below. 

PS: This prompt was courtesy to SrijanaChanda

Love
-Your Author