Stranger

Finn

It was again one of those nights when I couldn't sleep. I had to submit my assignments by tomorrow else Mrs Johnson was sure to kick me to detention.

I needed some air. I got out of my house and started walking down the lane until I reached the park. Every night, I sit here and watch the stars until I feel better.

Tonight it was different, the sky was cloudy, the stars didn't show up.

I went up to my bench where I sit every night to find it occupied. She was a girl, with long eyelashes, her jet black hair fell upon her face and she was gripping her bag tightly. I touched her to find she was freezing. I stood for a while, debating with myself if I should leave her here or carry her home but the night was getting colder and I wasn't inhuman yet.

I picked her up along with her bag and carried her home. I kept her in my bedroom and decided to sleep on my couch after I finish my assignments. I took down my assignment and sat in the drawing room. By the time I finished my assignments, it was 3:30 am. I went to my room to find her grabbing the pillow and sleeping just like she was grabbing her bag.

I smirked.

She looked cute. That was the last thing I thought before I fell asleep.

Jessica

I woke up in a different room.

This isn't my room, where am I? Wasn't my room yellow? What is happening!?
Wait! Didn't I elope last night? Didn't I fall asleep in the park?! What is going on!

I was beyond horrified. I checked my shirt buttons to find them in place and sighed in relief.

I got down from the bed with a million questions in mind. The room is neat. I've never kept my room so neat in my entire life. Ah, the penstand! It's such beautiful.

The room wasn't as big as mine was but seemed exquisite. When was I carried here? How is it that I didn't get up?

It wasn't long before I spotted him on the couch, asleep. His dark hair fell untidily against his forhead. He wore a black t-shirt and blue trousers. He didn't have that drop dead gorgeous body but he was taller than me and he when he twitched his nose in his sleep, he looked like a ten year old who would cuddle in your lap.

How peaceful would it feel to hug him?

Ugh ! Stop your dirty mind Jess.

I chose not to disturb him but I needed to get out. I found my bag lying behind the bed and checked the contents. It was untouched. I was on my way to find the exit but I stepped on the mattress and slipped with a thrash.

He woke up with a jolt. "Hey! Hey! Woah! What's wrong with you ?!" He extended a hand to pull me up but I wasn't that incapable yet.

I got up on my own and snapped back at him, "Who do you think gave you the permission to carry me home?"

"I'm not used to waiting for permission", he shrugged casually.

I picked up my bag and went searching for the door. He didn't make a move. He was gazing intently at me with his hazel eyes. He was staring at me like he would learn me up. He suddenly came up to me and grabbed my arm.

He asked, "Where are you planning to go?"

"Is that any of your business?"

"Of course, it's not. But as I saved this pretty girl from freezing, do I not deserve to be thanked even? Thought it would make me look like a superhero." He released me and grinned boyishly.

I couldn't suppress the chuckle.

"I've to go to school", I said.

"So do I. Which school by the way?"

"St. Luke's Convent."

"No way we go to the same school!" He let out a huge laugh. "You could come with me."

I considered it for a moment. Already, I was late, plus, I didn't own a car, so, I agreed.

I went to his washroom, brushed my teeth and got dressed up. When I came out, I found him ready. He grabbed me a burger and said, "Let's go!"

*******

Tell me what you think about them? Do you like how it started?

Please make me smile by voting.

Love,
Ujjwaini