Chapter 4: Some Lies And Some Truths... Along With Breaking Out A Few Friends.

Start from the beginning

I picked up a small gumdrop, throwing it towards us, but sadly, he ducked. 

"I've had enough of you, pillow pants!" I growled, walking over to him. 

He ran over to a giant gumdrop, going to hide behind it. "Please. Calm down! Please, look. Don't!" he cried, trying to get me to stop, but I didn't. 

"I'm going to beat the filling out of you!" I told him as picked up the gumdrop, throwing it away.

For some reason, he put on glasses. "You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would you?" he questioned, but I just took the glasses and hit him on the head with them.  

He blinked, surprised. "You hit a guy with glasses. That's... Well played," he commented, chuckling. 

I grabbed him by his bow, lifting him off the ground. "What do you want, Candy?" I asked, angrily. 

"Listen, I just want to talk to you," he tried to reason.

I just rolled my eyes. "I'm not interested in anything you have to say," I told him.

 "How about this? Are you interested," he started saying, pulling out my medal. "In this?" 

I dropped him in shock. "My medal. How did you..." I trailed off but he cut me off with a laugh. 

"It doesn't matter. It's yours! Go ahead, take it." he told me and I took it from him.

"All I ask is that you hear me out," he said, causing me to look at him confused. 

"About what?" I questioned. 

"Ralph, do you know what the hardest part about being a king is? Doing what's right, no matter what." Candy started to explain. 

I glared at him. "Get to the point," I growled. 

"Point being, I need your help. Sad as it is, Vanellope cannot be allowed to race." Candy told me. 

I groaned. "Why are you people except for Snowanna and Oreline so against her?" I yelled, annoyed. 

"I'm not against her! I'm trying to protect her! If Vanellope wins that race, she'll be added to the race roster. Then gamers can choose her as their avatar. And when they see her glitching and twitching and just being herself, they'll think our game is broken. We'll be put out of order for good. All my subjects will be homeless. But there are two who cannot escape because... Their glitches. And when the game's plug is pulled... She and Oreline will die with it." Candy explained his reasoning.

I looked down, thinking about what I had heard from him. "You don't that will happen. The gamers could love her." I told him, referring to Vanellope. 

"And if they don't?" he countered.

I sat down on a nearby gumdrop, still thinking about what he had told me. Candy stepped closer to me. "I know it's tough, but heroes have to make the tough choices, don't they? She can't race Ralph, but she won't listen to me. So can I count on you to take a little sense into her?" Candy asked me.

I nodded slowly, not looking at him. "Very good. I'll give you two some time alone." Candy said before he walked off and I heard him drive away.

What am I going to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After... Talking to Vanellope and Snowanna and... Destroying Vanellope's kart to keep her and Oreline safe, I headed back to my game... Heading up to the Penthouse.

"Hello? Anybody home? Felix? Mary?" I called out, walking into the main room.

"Well, you actually went and did it,"