My eyes fluttered closed as I rolled onto my back, stretching out my neck and reconnecting myself with the force. Sometimes it took me a minute to fully find it again after a long sleep.

When I felt the familiar thrum of it around me again, at last, I opened my eyes. I rolled out of bed, placing my feet on the floor, bending over, and standing up slowly, rolling out my spine as I did so. When my head lifted, I looked out the window, allowing the light to blind me for a moment and wake me up. The sudden light was not exactly pleasant, but at least it worked a little. Yawning, I shuffled over to the bathroom, brushing my hair from my face and rinsing off my tooth cleaner in the sink. I pressed the button and stuck the device in my mouth, slipping it around my teeth. For whatever reason, I always tried to close my lips around it but could never quite reach.

Looking down at the floor, I noticed my boots were still where I had left them after my shower. After picking them up, I headed back into the room and placed them by the door. Anakin was sitting on the couch, staring at the wall. He frequently did that in the mornings- just stared randomly at something until his brain decided to wake up too. Shuffling into the kitchen, I filled a cup with water. I sent it over to Anakin, frivolously using the force because I didn't feel like walking all the way back over to him.

Glancing at the clock, I noted that I had about 37 minutes until I could arrive early for the meeting. This was ample time, so I picked up a nutrient bar and shuffled back over to my mattress, sitting down on the edge and pulling my boots on. My tunic layers were still next to my bed where Anakin had put them the night before, and I pulled them on, adjusting them how I liked them and strapping on my belt. Noting that my saber was by the door, I stood and headed back into the bathroom, pulling out my teeth cleaner and spitting the remaining cleaner into the sink.

Grabbing a towel, I cleaned my face off with some soap and inspected my beard before exiting again. Anakin still sat on the couch, but he had pulled on a couple of his layers and put on one boot. Chuckling, I walked over, handing him his belt. "Anakin, do you copy? I believe we've lost contact." He looked blearily up at me, giving me a meek smile before yawning and blinking several times. "Have you seen my transmitter?"

Shaking my head, I picked up my belt and buckled it around my waist, checking my various pouches to ensure everything I needed was there. I hadn't planned on leaving the temple that day, but I always checked anyway. As a Jedi- and a member of the council at that- you really could never be sure where you would end up at the end of the day.

Or, I thought grimly, if you will even make it to the end of the day.

Shaking this off, I cleared my throat and clasped my armor around my forearms, smoothing my hair out as I walked across the room to the table where I had put my saber. The sun glinted off of the polished silver metal as I clipped it onto my belt, and I felt Anakin's shields suddenly come crashing down, a wave of affection slamming into my mind.

I stumbled a few steps, not expecting this sudden mental intrusion, and turned around to look at him with a slightly alarmed expression on my face. He just grinned at me, stood up, called his belt and saber to his hand, and strolled across the room. I opened my mouth to say something, but he silenced it as he kissed me somewhat aggressively, his hand cupping my face.

When he pulled away, he spoke softly, still not having fully woken up yet. "See you later, Master." And with that, he walked out my door, still basically half-dressed, and closed it behind him. I studied the glass of water on the table as I thought absently that if anyone saw him leaving like that, with his force signature the way it was, it wouldn't be terribly hard to draw some conclusions. But, I supposed that was the risk we were taking.

Sighing, I decided I could probably leave for the meeting now. I still likely had ample time, but what's the harm in arriving beforehand? As I walked out my door, I could still feel what his lips felt like, and my mind lingered on that the entire way to the council room. When I arrived at the door, I shook my head gently to clear my mind and fix my signature- one could always count on Master Yoda to be strangely perceptive.

Everyone was already in their seats when I entered, and I paused in the doorway, frowning. "Am I tardy, Masters?" They glanced at each other, and Mace Windu tilted his head, nodding at me. "Fifteen minutes so. What held you? You're never less than twenty minutes early, let alone late." Brows furrowed, I glanced across the room to the clock. Surely enough, it was fifteen minutes past.

When did so much time pass?

Bewildered, I shook my head. "I apologize- I am unsure of when I lost track of time. I hope I haven't kept you waiting." Shaak Ti nodded, her accented voice calm. "Not a worry, Master Kenobi- we were discussing the new weaponry shipments from Kamino, which I know you dislike anyway." Slightly more relieved but no less confused, I dipped my head, smiling a bit as I paced across to my chair. When I sat down, a hologram of Masters Koth and Fisto appeared with a wave of Master Yoda's hand.

-heeeeeeyyy I'm back! I'll be releasing slowly, sorry... but I promise more is coming! may the force be with you, and I hope you can be patient while I get back in the groove of this! xo-