Chapter 9: Winter and Dr. Snow

Start from the beginning

"It appears Fawks likes you." Rose jumped before she turned to see Albus Dumbledore, he was an old man, long white hair and a long white beard, with half-moon spectacles. The bird sang softly as she reached towards the large creature, "Fawks?" Dumbledore smiled as he looked towards her, "Yes, he is a Phoenix." Rose looked shocked before a large smile graced her face, "A phoenix? No wonder you are so lovely!" Fawks rubbed his warm beak against her fingers, "Sorry Headmaster, but you wanted to speak with her?" Dumbledore nodded towards Snape, "Yes, thank you Severus. Ms. Park, your family has written to me." Instantly she looked frightened, "Is my great grandmother okay? Is my cousin alright?" Dumbledore held up a calm hand, "They are fine. I was informed you were going back to Korea this winter." Rose nodded softly as she felt much more at ease, "Yes sir, it's a family tradition I celebrate with my family." Dumbledore nodded as he motioned towards a bunch of chairs that looked rather comfortable, a houself had left warm tea on the table near them, "As you are also a citizen in Korea I believe it is in your best interest I explain the laws." Rose sat down on one of the chairs as Dumbledore sat near her, "You will need to understand the rules of underage magic in the UK as well as South Korean laws. Because you go to school here you are not allowed to perform magic in front of muggles - your parents do not count. You are not allowed to cast anything until you are 17." Rose nodded before Dumbledore smiled, "However... You may perform spells when you turn 13 when you visit Korea, because you are a citizen. Due to your ties with Hogwarts you can't perform in front of your muggle family." Rose nodded as she smiled, "Thank you for informing me Headmaster." Dumbledore nodded before he stood and moved towards his desk.

"Your parents have informed me they had already flown towards Seoul and asked me to tell you to go. I have made plans to meet you on platform 9 ¾ to apparate you to Korea. I want to make sure you're okay when you get there." Rose nodded politely as she felt slightly confused, "Yes sir." Dumbledore smiled before he nodded towards Severus Snape, "I wish to speak to you Severus, take care Ms. Park." Rose slowly walked out of his office, along her way back to the great hall she felt her head swirling, Why did omma and Appa leave without me? In her thinking she didn't realize she was walking past Draco, "Rose!" Rose looked up before she smiled brightly, "Hello Draco! Are you ready to go home?" Draco looked towards her, "I am, but I wish it would be more exciting." Rose looked towards him before she smiled and looked at the snowy grounds with him, "You'll be with your family, isn't that the best part?" Draco smiled slightly as he nodded his head, "Yeah, we have a family to go back to." Rose looked at him before starting to laugh, "What?" Draco looked surprised as Rose picked out a green pine needle out of his hair, "This was sticking out." Rose laughed as Draco huffed about a tree and told her it was not that funny. Rose was giggling away as Harry, Hermione, and Ron walked past, Harry looking aggravated at the sight. Draco looked towards Rose before shaking his head, "Tell me about your family." Rose smiled as she said before she was cut off, "Well my family are Mu- '' Cedric had come over, "Rose! I've come to take you for your appointment." Rose looked at him before she was picked up and carted off by the third year, leaving Draco to stand there absolutely stunned.

"Cedric!! Let me go!" Cedric was laughing as he ran off to the large grounds covered in snow, "Can't! You'll be late." Rose loudly stated, "Late for what!?" Rose suddenly was tossed into a massive snow pile with a loud yelp, "Dr. Snow!" Alice popped out of the pile laughing loudly, "Nicely done Cedric!" Rose came sputtering out from the pile of snow, as she looked at them, "Oh it's on!" Rose threw a large handful of snow towards Cedric who laughed loudly. Alice cheered loudly as she began to throw snow at Cedric as well, "I thought you were on my side!" Alice laughed loudly as she pumbled Cedric, "Chaos knows no sides!" The group made snow angels, built a snowman and had a snowball fight for a long time. Cedric and Rose led Alice towards the kitchen, thoroughly chilled and soaked to the bone. Rose was giggling as they were handed towels immediately upon entering, "Ms. Park! Squibbles knew you would visit." Rose smiled brightly as Cedric and Alice began debating near a fire over who sits with Rose on the train. Squibbles and his friends happily began to make the cheery bunch hot cocoa and cookies. Rose sat down near them, the beanbags were comfortable to sit in. Cedric complained to Alice's defense, "That means I should sit with you guys! I don't get to see you often!" Alice shot back as Rose looked at the four bean bags, there were letters on them.

"Hey, guys, what letters are on your beanbags?" The two looked at their beanbags as Cedric smiled, "JFP. How about you Alice?" Alice looked at hers before stating, "SB the third." Rose looked at hers as she tilted her head, "RJL. The fourth one says PP." Alice gave a laugh as she heard the initials, "Unfortunate." Cedric smiled as he discussed with them, "These beanbags have been here for a long time. It's said 4 students put them here." Rose smiled brightly, "I would like to meet them one day." Alice laughed as she stole a bit from Cedric's cookie, Cedric complaining loudly. Rose shook her head as the trio warmed up enjoying the festive holiday spirit, "I've already sent your presents towards your houses." Cedric smiled towards Rose as Alice smirked, "You'll love mine the best. After all we are practically sisters!" Rose laughed and quickly stopped the argument from starting again, "Come on guys! Don't forget my family in Korea is muggles so you might want to send them at night. My father will put them under the tree so no one sees the owls." Cedric nodded as Alice smiled, "I can't wait to go back. My mother is planning on making some of my favorite peppermint imp fudge." Cedric smiled as he laughed, "We should head back soon. We'll have to wake up tomorrow to go on the train." Rose nodded and the trio all stood up thanking the house elves. Rose had hugged Squibbles who she's grown to believe is so odd he was cute, "Squibbles has already sent his gift to Ms. Park." Rose felt moved as she spoke with him, "Squibbles, you didn't need to. What would you like for christmas?" Squibbles shook his head, his bat-like ears hitting him in the face, "Squibbles wants nothing! Ms. Park, to give a house elf something you will free them from their job. We houselves like it here a lot." Rose nodded before she sighed, "Very well. Merry Christmas Squibbles." Squibbles smiled before Rose yawned and walked to her room, she gently stepped over her suitcase that was ready for her to take to the train that morning. Once she changed to her pajamas she quickly tucked herself into the bed as the peaceful silence lulled her to sleep.