Chapter 2- no way out

Once Harry was out of the small wooden shack, he wasn't too sure of where to go. He looked to the left, but saw that would do no good, it was all forest. He considered jumping the fence and making a run for it, but what would that do? He didn't know how to get back home. He didn't even know where he was now, and what kind of people would do this to children. And how did Lucius find out about this horrible event called the hunger games? Did his friends and family know where he was? Did they know he was missing? Are they looking for him? All these questions could only be answered of he won these brutal games.

He ended up following a nervous looking 13 year old. "They'd be a second year," Harry thought, wishing he was there at Hogwarts now. He saw what Lucius had described as the reaping. There was a great stone building, with big letters stating it was the Hall of Justice. A unnaturally pale woman in a blue puffy sparkly dress was standing in the middle of two big glass bowls. With small bits of paper.

A man dressed in all white grabbed Harry's forearm and lead him to wear the 18 year old boys stand. "Let go of me," Harry said to the man, pulling his arm back.

"You don't talk to us peacekeepers like that," the man said, walking away.

"Oh look what Effie's wearing this year," Harry over heard a boy say to another boy. He had red hair, he reminded Harry a lot of Ron. But he looked back up to the woman, for he could not forget what he had to do. Dreaming about home was something he can do when he sleeps.

"Welcome! Welcome! Happy hunger games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" Effie said in to a circular microphone. Harry zoned out, she was talking about Panems history, he did not care about the war. Or this man named President Snow. He decided that he doesn't care unless it helps with his survival. And right then, President Snow did not seem like much help, more like the cause. When Effie said, "Ladies first!" Was when Harry snapped back into reality. She reached into the glass bowl on the right, it seemed as slowly as she could. Her hand swirled around until she grabbed a name. Until she grabbed a child. "Pettie Qierblood," she called, and a small 14 year old came out of the middle of the bundle of girls. She was very shaky and walked as slow as Effie's hand.

"Now, for the boys!" Effie said once Pettie was standing on the stage with Effie. Harry shifted closer to the opening where he would soon be walking. "Harry Potter," Effie called, and Harry was instantly reminded of his first day at Hogwarts. When Professor McGonagall called his name to be sorted into a house. He walked up just as he had that one night. He was shaky, nut ready. He was scared and unsure of what would happen.

Him and Pettie were escorted to a beautiful train, Petties long blonde hair swayed as It reminded Harry of Lucius and his whole family. He wanted her dead first. He gulped and stopped dead in his tracks. He hasn't killed a single innocent soul yet and he was already a monster.