Part 4 - Genin Teams

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You have the next six months to get Naruto a new bond to the village. If you can, more than that. Make sure nobody screws him over on missions in the village and get the other two ready for C-rank missions ASAP. Sasuke shouldn't be a problem. The boy wants to get stronger and you should be able to break him out of his superiority ideas. I think the bigger problem will be Sakura. The girl didn't get good marks on her physical exams. The reason she became top kunoichi is that the written test was a big part of the exams and that she has perfect chakra control due to her small reserves. If you have to, break her, but team seven has to get strong soon." The Hokage impressed the importance on Kakashi.

Kakashi was really surprised. He hadn't known that Naruto was that strong, but he could understand that he had a strong dislike for the villagers. He had saved him more than once from mobs when Naruto was younger.

"I understand Hokage Sama. I will think of something to teach Naruto to keep him interested. I can also tell him more about his parents if he wants to. Do you know if he can use Kyubi's chakra?" Kakashi asked.

"No, he can't. But he can suppress it really well so far. He thinks that if he is strong enough on his own he doesn't have to rely on the dangerous chakra of the fox. He knows that he can't trust the fox. He had met it after he found out that he was the jinchuriki for Kyubi, but other than trying to get Naruto to let him out he didn't try anything so far. And Naruto is too smart to not know that if he lets the fox out, he will lose himself." The Hokage explained.

"Good. Because I wouldn't know how to teach him that. I will make sure Naruto will start to be better connected with some of his peers. I think I could get at least Asuma to arrange team sparring sessions if his team passes, which I think they will. I haven't seen any version of an Ino-Shika-Cho team that failed the genin exams. Perhaps Kurenai would also do it. Her team looks like they could pass too." Kakashi said.

"I trust you, Kakashi. We have six months until Naruto makes chunin. By the way, get back to your old level in ANBU and if possible surpass it. At the moment you are my only real option as a successor. The only others would be Jiraiya and Tsunade and I can't imagine that Tsunade would come back to the village and I fear what Jiraiya would do as Hokage. And if neither of you take the hat it will probably go to Danzo."

"I understand, Hokage Sama." Kakashi said.

"Good, you are dismissed, Kakashi." The Hokage said.

Kakashi left the office.

The day of the team placements was there and Naruto for the first time wore his new outfit. He had long black pants that were taped with dark red bandages. He wore a dark red mesh-shirt under a dark grey shirt with three quarter sleeves and a hood. He wore a dark red belt with two pouches on his back. On both of his thighs were pouches for shuriken and senbon that were strapped over black bandages. Over the shirt he wore a dark red vest with pockets specially made to store scrolls and small containers for different things. Naruto kept his poisons there. He had dark red gloves with metal plates on the back, in which he had sealed his tanto and his bo staff. The hood of his shirt hung over his vest on his back. He would only put it on for missions where his bright hair would be a hindrance.

He looked in the mirror and was happy with how he looked now. He finally looked like a real shinobi. He turned off the lights of his home and walked up the stairs. He made sure that he was alone in the alley and then left through the hidden entrance. Once the wall was back in position, he jumped up on the roof and went to the academy. He reached the classroom and took a seat in the back. Only two others were there. Hinata Hyuga and Shino Aburame. Shino gave him a short nod and Hinata turned red again when he smiled at her. Naruto didn't really understand why she always turned red, but as she was never mean like the other students, he liked her.