"Here, have another drink on me," she heard the old man tell Thoas as he poured wine from a jar into his cup.

"I don't know who you are, but I am sure glad I met you!" Thoas said aloud. "Never have I seen one as gracious as you."

"Tell me friend. As Lord of Lemnos, I am sure you know everyone in this island. Seen any strangers roaming around lately?"

"Nah," he gulped the wine as it trickled down the sides of his mouth. "Just some black invaders who dared step on my land. We," he hiccupped. "-took care of them motherless bastards."

The old man smirked. "Motherless they were. You taking care of them? More like they let you go."

How would you know that? Myrina thought. She kept her watch on the old man, who one by one asked the same question to everyone. He kept pouring wine from his jar but never refilled it.

Having questioned all around him, he placed the jar of wine on a table and walked out of the kapeleia. The boy was always by his side.

Myrina grabbed the jar and furled her eyebrows. She shook the jar and tilted it sideways. It was empty. She placed it back on the table and rushed outside to the old man. She quickly reached him. "I know who you are looking for," Myrina told him from behind.

The old man and the boy stopped and turned around.

Myrina cringed when he saw the boy was not a boy but rather an old man with hideous appearance.

"And who might that be?" the old man asked.

"You are looking for one of your kind."

"And what's my kind?" He walked towards her with a devious smile.

"You are a God."

He laughed out loud as he rubbed shoulders against Myrina. "Oh, my dear! I've been called that many times but never before fornicating."

"Stop the games Olympian, I don't have the patience. You are looking for another God and I know where he is."

"Tell me woman. What makes you think I am a God?"

"Your smell. You Gods all smell alike. The jar you held. You poured dozens of cups, but you never refilled it. It was empty. And only a God would dare be accompanied by such a hideous midget."

"Who you calling midget?!" the elder Kobalos yelled back.

"Easy ancient one," the old man tapped on his head. "Come," he told Myrina. "Walk with me." He offered his hand to her.

She ignored his gesture but did walk by his side.

"Let's assume I am a God. Where-"

"Stop the games Olympian," Myrina interrupted. "I've been in the presence of Thanatos and Demeter. I know when I am in the company of any of you."

"What does Thanatos look like?"

"He has wings. Translucent wings and he wields a weird looking sword. It's got moving white smoke inside the blade."

"Hmm. You saw Thanatos and lived to talk about it. Impressive."

"Show yourself to me," Myrina demanded.

Dionysus semblance revealed itself as they kept walking. "I am Dionysus-"

"I don't care."

The elder Kobalos chuckled. "She's a feisty one."

"Are you going to tell me where Hephaestus is, or should I get it out of you?"

Myrina scoffed. "You can't."

"Is that so?" Dionysus furled his forehead. "You did say I am a God."

"Not all Gods are equal."

Dionysus scolded her.

"If you could get this information out of people you wouldn't be asking for it while making everyone drunk."

"Maybe I was just enjoying myself. Having a little fun around your kind."

"You must think I am stupid," Myrina said cuttingly. "I saw Demeter just come out of thin air, while Thanatos walked inside my house. He opened the door on his way in and out of my house. To me you look like the kind who opens doors. Do you?"

Dionysus clenched his jaw. "Describe him for me."

"He is scarred. His face, burnt. He has a metal leg and talks in a strange tongue I've never heard before. He turned a man I used to know into a giant."

Dionysus pressed his lips and his eyes narrowed. "That is not Hephaestus."

"He is the God you are looking for!" Myrina stopped and put her hands on her hips.

"Did he smell like me?"

"No-"

"Then how could he be a God? You said it yourself. Our smell is unmistakable."

"I, I don't know."

"Stop wasting my patience!" He waived her off as he began to walk away.

"I can prove it to you!" She yelled at him.

Dionysus stopped and turned around. "How?"

You see that house over there?" She pointed at a home on the far right. "That's where I live. Come visit me, tomorrow. Before dawn and I'll show you proof."

"You are going to make us come back?" the elder Kobalos asked.

"What have you got to lose?"

Dionysus and the elder Kobalos eyes met. "Tomorrow before dawn. You better convince me, or I'll have him have you," Dionysus said while pointing at the elder Kobalos.

Myrina's heart was pounding. Her breathing was uneasy. She nodded, resolute.

#

It was just before dawn. Poliochne was yet to wake up.

"Aren't we going to go in?" the elder Kobalos asked Dionysus while standing outside Myrina's home.

"I will not open that door." Dionysus crossed his arms.

"I don't need open doors to get in. Should I leave you behind?"

Dionysus scowled at the elder Kobalos as he grinded his teeth.

Myrina came out of her home wearing her green chiton. She approached them.

"Well? Where is this proof you have?" Dionysus asked her.

"Just a moment," Myrina answered.

"A waste," the elder Kobalos said as he began to turn into smoke.

"Wait!" The Olympian yelled.

The sky announced the arrival of dawn, turning to shades of purple and blue. Myrina's chiton began to shine, the silver, crystalline dust from the olive grove by Ari's house still clinging to her clothes.

"Sinteis!" Dionysus said.

"Now do you believe me?"

"Where is Hephaestus?"

"First, you must do something for me."

"I will not do anything until I have Hephaestus in front of me."

"Very well then. You must promise me something."

Dionysus sighed. He reluctantly nodded.