I almost gasped aloud but bit my lip. The teachers walked off leaving the message clear for us to see. "Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever." Ron read aloud and I choked back a sob. First Hermione and Draco and now, "Ginny!" Ron sounded heartbroken.

***

I got over the shock by knowing that we might be able to save Ginny. I tugged the boys arms and together we ran to Lockhart's classroom, "Lockhart may be useless! But he's going to try and get into the chamber!" "At least we can tell him what we know!" Ron finished for me as we ran up the stairs to his office.

I stormed into the office flinging the door open so fast that it hit the wall. "Professor! We have some information for you!" My voice trailed off as I looked around the room. Clothes were hastily thrown into trunks, books where in piles around the room.

"Are you going to somewhere?" Harry's asked, his voice tight. Lockhart slammed a trunk shut and sat on it. "Uh-uh" he stammered squirming under our hard stare. "Yes, ur-urgent call. Unavoidable got to go."

"What about our sister?" Ron stamped his foot. "Well um.." Lockhart ran around the room packing his things. "As for that most unfortunate, no one regrets more than I-" "You're the defense against the dark arts teacher!" I stated through a clenched jaw. "You can't go now!"

Lockhart was now taking a wig and shoving it in his trunk. "Well I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description abou-" he began to run around the desk but Harry stood in his way.

"You're running away!? After all hose things you did in your books?!" Lockhart leaned back as if trying to look cool. "Books can be misleading." "You wrote them!" Harry scoffed and Lockhart grabbed his shoulders. "My dear boy do you use your common sense!? My books wouldn't have sold have as well if people didn't think I had done all those things."

All my suspicions had been confirmed and I took a threatening step forward clenching my fists. "You're a phony! You've just been taking credit for what other witches and wizards have done!" Ron joined my side, "is there anything you can do?"

Lockhart glared at us, "yes. Now that you mention it I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, you see all those other wizards would have gone blabbing. I never have sold another book."

My chest was rising and falling at an alarming rate, I was trying hard not to smack him to hell where he belongs. Lockhart brushed past me, "in fact uh," I nodded at the boys and we all reached into our robes and pulled out our wands. "I'm going to have to do the same to you." We pointed our wands at Lockhart just as he turned pointing his at us.

"Don't. Even. Think. About it." I snarled and pointed my wand down signaling for him to put his on the desk. He looked at me rather frightened and dropped his wand. "Get a move on!" I jutted my head towards the door and we led him to moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

***

I prodded my wand into the professors back as he shuffled slowly into the bathroom. Myrtle was floating by the mirror moaping and crying. "Who's there?" She snapped and Ron and Harry stood a bit behind me making sure that Lockhart didn't try and get away.

"Oh hello y/n!" She looked behind me and waved flirtatiously at Harry. If ghosts could blush I swear Myrtle was. "What's up?" I lowered my wand and took a few steps forward, "um... I was wondering Myrtle, I feel so rude but... Um how did you die?"

Her eyes sparkled a bit as she lowered herself so she had eye contact with me. "You truly are a nice Slytherin, and a good friend." She smiled, "it was dreadful really," she pointed to a stall behind her, "it happened right there. In that very cubicle. I was in there because Oliver Hornbee was teasing me about my glasses."