chapter nine

»THEN I SAW THE CONGO CREEPING THROUGH THE BLACK«

"i don't even want to go", todd muttered all over again. he has been like this since the last 10 minutes that we have walked around at the school halls.

"you will survive it"

"as if i hadn't been craving death for as long as i can remember"

"well, let's make life fun until you die"

we stopped at the door of my room, i ruffled todds hair. 

"don't act so grumpy, you're gonna like it"

"yeah, maybe i will"

"that's the energy we're looking for!"

todd and i said goodbye and i went into my room. i had a few things to prepare before the first meeting of the dead poets society.

studying.

pray for my poor brain.

» «

my head laid on the desk, my hair spread all over my books. im not sleeping but i will soon and it's not even half past ten. it was no use, i couldn't concentrate anymore after three hours of studying.

there was a small, almost overheard knock at my door. i slowly got up and opened the door, maybe it'll be one of the boys, who else could it be?

"deliah"

"knox? you alright?"

the brown haired boy pressed his lips together, but he seemed like he thought about his answer a bit too much. "can i come in?"

i let knox hush into my room.
"what do you need?"

he sat down on my bed, i took a seat on my desk, throwing my legs up.

"uh, you're a girl, right?"

"i think so", does knoxious need some girl advice? i would be glad to help him.

he sighed once again. "okay, so you-you see i just cant get- get chris out of my head"

i smiled, that was super cute. but didn't chris have that boyfriend. that one who could eat a football?

"no matter how hard i try, im always thinking about her,,, she's just so damn beautiful and charming"

"oh, dear, you've got it bad", i said sympathically, smiling at him softly.

knox let out a defeated huff. "what do you think should i do?"

"uh, well she has a boyfriend", i said, crossing my arms, "so maybe just first try to befriend her? call her or something, maybe you two can meet somewhere"

the boy in front of me nodded slowly, thinking about his opportunities.

"yeah, i- i will just call her", he said, lacking a bit of confidence.