Sleeping Besides You [8]

Start from the beginning

Relieved to hear you say his compliments weren't weird but instead cute, he nodded and adjusted his sketchbook in one hand, pencil in the other, "Do you mind if I draw you first? I think I can get it right this time...I mean, at least I hope so.". You nodded, comfortably sitting on one corner of the bed while Sal sat across from you in the other corner, "Oh, hold on, let me take my hoodie off. I'm getting stuffy and I don't want to take it off halfway through the drawing process...". You tugged the hoodie over your head slowly, not wanting to make a mess of your hair, but during the process of taking it off your hoodie stuck to your shirt, causing it to lift slightly, giving Sal a quick view of your bare mid drift before your shirt fixed itself once the hoodie was off, "Okay, I'm ready.".

Seemingly calm on the outside as his pencil made contact with his sketchbook, you had no idea how badly Sal was freaking out inside his head after seeing a glance of the skin underneath your shirt, causing his hand to tremble slightly and throat to become dry. He was a teenage boy after all, who had a massive crush on you, he couldn't really be blamed for being so flustered. He felt okay eventually though still a bit nervous, being able to draw you with ease now that it was just the two of you within the walls of his room and not inside a crowded classroom with Larry constantly cracking distracting jokes.

The two of you chatted amongst yourself while you still carefully maintained your pose for the portrait, talking about movies, music, and just sharing your feelings on whatever was going on in your lives with one another. "I hope I look nice right now, since he basically has to stare at me in order to finish the project. Gah, I know it's for the project but knowing his eyes are on me and me only makes me feel so...happy.", and Sal had the same mushy thoughts as you, in this moment he was able to marvel at your beauty.

He was getting the chance to gaze upon your charming (E/C) eyes, your glowing (S/C) skin, and your perfectly plump, soft looking, shiny from lip balm, lips that were formed into a small smile, "I don't want to stop looking at her. I can't. She's an angel. I'm absolutely convinced she is...". He looked down at his paper once he finished his drawing, about 35 minutes later, putting his pencil down and making eye contact with you, a bit nervous to show you the finished project, "O-okay, I'm done Y/N. Keep in mind, I'm not an artist. But I tried my best to capture your likeness.".

You quickly crawled across the bed to sit besides Sal, your face besides his as you looked down at his sketchbook, absolutely amazed at his work of art, "S-sal, this is...this is so cool. It looks just like me! You definitely have a certain art style going, and it's really unique! I love it!", you exclaimed, turning your head to face him just as he did, your faces mere inches away from one another. A huge smile formed underneath his mask as you expressed your gleeful approval over his drawing, he felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest seeing you so proud of him, "Th-thanks, Y/N! I'm so glad you like it, it was pretty hard but, I managed to do it. Phew, no more lopsided eyes, right?", this made the two of you laugh as you returned to your spot across the bed.

"Okay, so I guess it's my turn, right? Let me fix my pigtails..", Sal spoke before being interrupted by you handing over your sketchbook to him out of the blue, "Open it up to the first page.", confused but curious, he did so and his eyes landed upon an impressive, realistic, pencil sketched portrait of...himself, from the chest up.

"W-what...holy shit, Y/N. You already finished it ahead of time? How did you...?", you spoke up, "Remember when we messed around with my Polaroid camera? Well, Larry took a candid picture of you that I absolutely loved, and I just knew I had to draw it. Even before we got the portrait assignment. I hope that isn't weird or anything.", you said, chuckling nervously as you tucked your hair behind your ears, waiting to hear Sal's response.

He was speechless for a minute at the sheer talent the portrait portrayed, eyes wide as he stared down at it, you had perfectly captured his appearance and it was clear you were attentive to details, hell, even the shading upon the facial features of his mask were spot on. "Y/N...you're so amazing. I wish I was brave enough to tell you how great I think you are...man, fuck it.", he looked up at you with a piercing gaze from the eye holes of his mask, catching you off guard for a moment, before suddenly he exclaimed, "Y/N, I don't know if you're aware of this, but, you're amazing. An amazing girl, an amazing friend, and an amazing artist. I just...", he instantly felt embarrassed at his sudden confidence fueled outburst, "...I just, um, wanted you to know that. Because it's the truth.", he handed your sketchbook back to you, gently placing it in your lap.