Chapter 1

*I have not finished Haikyu!! Yet and I am in the process of watching it so this will take place in the first season. Also, sorry if a name or anything else is spelled wrong. I will not be offended by name spelling corrections or grammar correction. Enjoy the story!

Keishin Ukai's point of view

All of the team was on the bus on the way to a campsite. We would be there for a week, not counting today. It will help the kids with their practice. We would be staying in cabins and there were two to a cabin. Of course, Kiyoko would have a cabin to herself. Since Takeda and I are both adults, we will be sharing a cabin. To be honest, I have kind of grown to like him a bit. His nervousness and excitement can be very cute at times. However, he would never like someone like me.

"Ukai, are you okay?" Takeda asks. Oh yeah, to make matters better he is sitting beside me. I realized he was still waiting for an answer. "yeah, sorry." I responded. I wonder if he knows that I'm okay with him calling me Keishin. "Um, okay Keishin," Takeda said. "I said that out loud?" I said. "yeah, oh and call me Ittetsu. Are you sure you are okay? Your face is red." Ittetsu said.

"I am fine," I said, giving a small smile. He smiled back of course and it was so adorable. "cute." I mumbled. "What's cute?" Takeda responded, tilting his head like a confused puppy. How did he hear me? "I saw a puppy out the window," I said. "Okay," he responded. Suddenly, the bus stopped. "Keishin, look. We are here!" Ittetsu said, grabbing on to my sweater sleeve. He realized what he was doing and quickly let go. I think I was a blush on his cheek. No, he would not like me.

"Sorry," Ittetsu said looking down. It's fine." I laughed. He grabbed my sweatshirt sleeve and dragged me off the bus. "Wow, there's the cafeteria and there is the volleyball court. there is a rock wall too. Look at that zip line. The cabins are over there. They even have swings. The lake is over there. The fire pit is right in the middle. This place is so cool." Ittetsu said. I think my heart melted. I chuckled at him and started walking.

"Let's go check out our cabin. I said. Ittetsu, who was still holding on to my sleeve, started to drag me over to the cabins. "Look! This one has a sign with our names on it." Said Ittetsu, dragging me inside. He is so cute. There was one bedroom with two beds, a living room with a couch and board games, and a kitchen with a mini-fridge and dishes. There were no electronics or televisions because we were camping. We only had one phone in case of emergencies. None of the students was allowed to bring their cellphones. There was also a restroom. "This place is so cool!" Ittetsu exclaimed.

I looked away to hide my blush. "We should get some sleep," I said. We both took turns using the bathroom to get ready for bed and we laid down on our beds. I pulled my covers up and rolled over to face the wall. I can not believe I have fell this hard for Ittetsu. I eventually fell asleep but was awoken about an hour later. I heard soft crying from the other side of the room.

It was coming from Ittetsu. I got up and slowly walked over to him. "Ittetsu?" I said softly, not wanting to scare him. I got no answer. That is when I realized he was still asleep. He must be having a nightmare. I gently shook him to try and wake him up. Suddenly, he woke up and he immediately grabbed onto me. He was breathing rapidly and shaking while crying. "Woah, Ittetsu, it's okay. Look, you're safe. It's just us. You're okay." I said trying to comfort him. I wrapped my arms around him in an attempt to make him feel better. "Sorry. I just had a nightmare." He said. "It's okay," I said letting go of him. Even after I let go of him, he continued to hold on to me. He soon realized what he was doing and quickly let go.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. He shook his head no then shook his head yes. " I have nightmares almost every night. My dad used to abuse me so I guess it is from that," he said. I pulled him into a hug. "hey, it's going to be okay. You are safe now." I said. I eventually went back to my bed and laid down.

"Come back," Ittetsu said. "What?" I asked. "I'm scared," he said. That was enough to get me moving. I stood up and walked over to where he was laying as laid down next to him. He immediately cuddled up next to me and held on to me. "Thank you." He said, "it's nothing." I said wrapping my arm around him and playing with his hair with the other hand.

"I like it when you do that," Ittetsu said. "do what?" I asked. "play with my hair." He mumbled sleepily. I chuckled and continued to play with his hair. "You should get some sleep. Try to sleep. You don't want to be tired in the morning." I said. He yawned and cuddles up closer to me. After I was sure Ittetsu was asleep, I closed my eyes and went to sleep surrounded by warmth.