A letter from the Minister of Magic

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Thanks," he said, smiling. He held out his hand to her and she took it, feeling butterflies once again at the touch of his skin on hers. The two of them walked out of the castle and down to the oak tree next to the lake.

"You were right yesterday when you said the weather was going to be nice," Rose told Scorpius as they sat down against the tree. He really had been, the sky was crystal clear, the lake as still as a sheet of glass. There was a pleasant light breeze blowing through the emerald green leaves of the oak tree.

"I suppose I was," replied Scorpius thoughtfully. Rose looked over at him, a smile on her lips. He looked dashing, sprawled out on the soft grass, wind ruffling through his platinum blonde hair, like the true Slytherin prince he was. "What are you staring at?" he asked Rose, catching her looking.

"Nothing," she laughed, turning away. She felt his hand slide softly into hers, and his thumb began to caress the top of her hand. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach starting up again; somehow the feeling of his skin on hers never seized to give her a thrill.

"Why don't we go swimming?" asked Scorpius suddenly, standing up.

"Are you kidding?" exclaimed Rose, "There's a giant squid in that lake Scorpius!" He reached down and pulled her off the ground.

"It'll be fun!" he laughed, kicking off his shoes. Then he took off his shirt, and Rose could not pretend she didn't notice how fit he was. He was gorgeous really. She blushed and looked away. Scorpius seemed to enjoy teasing her like this and looked as though he might take off his jeans too, but thought better of it. Rose began to untie her laces, wondering how freezing the lake was going to be. "Hurry up Rose!" called Scorpius, who was already wading in. She put her converse neatly next to the tree and walked up to the lake, tentatively putting a toe into the water. It wasn't too cold. It was quite nice actually.

Suddenly she was hit by a huge wave of water Scorpius had magicked at her. Oh, he was going to pay for that. Scorpius had no idea how many Weasley-Potter water fights she'd been in, and he was in for a battle. She took her wand out from a pocket in her dress and quickly made a huge torrent of water and launched it at Scorpius. It hit him in the face and he toppled over into the water. Rose laughed but stopped when he didn't resurface. Was he ok? She swam over to where he had been and he burst out of the water and flung his arms around her waist, spraying her with water.

"Bastard!" she exclaimed, laughing as he pulled her closer to him.

"I can't believe you fell for that," he mocked her, also laughing.

"That's cheating, that's what that is," she chastised, wagging a finger at him in imitation of professor McGonagall. They both burst out laughing again and he kissed her on the mouth, a hard, bruising kiss. She kissed him back, her hands around his bare back, pulling him closer. They broke apart for air and burst out laughing again.

"Scorpius there's something I forgot to tell you," exclaimed Rose as they swam back to the shore again.

"What is it?" he asked, collapsing on the grass and aiming a drying spell at both of them.

"I thought maybe you could come for lunch one day in the half term break," she told him, "To introduce you properly to my father." Scorpius looked a little stressed and sat up.

"Is that a good idea?" he said worriedly.

"If he gets to know you slowly it'll be less of a shock when he finds out about us." Rose said.

"Well if you say so," said Scorpius uneasily.

"We don't have to think about that right now though," she told him, lying down on the grass.

"You're right," he agreed, leaning over and kissing her softly on the forehead. She blushed and smiled up at him, the rest of the afternoon was going to be wonderful.

Rose walked into the Gryffindor girl's dormitory. It was nine o'clock, and Scorpius had just dropped her off before walking back to the Slytherin common room. They'd spent the rest of the afternoon together, talking and kissing. Once it had gotten dark they'd found a nice comfy broom closet in one of the winding hallways.

Rose had been reckless; it would have been all too easy for someone to find them there, and that person might tell another until the whole school knew and then before she knew it her father would know too and that would ruin everything. Still, she couldn't deny that it had been very fun. Very, very fun. She couldn't wait for the next time they were seeing each other. He'd promised to take her some where during the half term, and maybe they could meet in the room of requirement this weekend.

Rose smiled to herself; she couldn't help it. This was the happiest she'd been in a while, and she had every right to grin like a Cheshire cat as she got ready for bed.

She was just about to climb into her four-poster and draw the curtains when she spotted a thick crisp-white envelope on her covers. On the front, penned in her mother's neat joined-up handwriting, was Rose's name and school. She rushed over to it and ripped it open. There was a three page letter from Hermione Granger-Weasley inside.

Dear Rosie,

Can I first say that I'm very proud of you for telling me straight away so that I don't hear it from someone else. I'm sure it's true that Scorpius Malfoy is a really nice boy, I trust your judgement and if he's friends with Albus he must be nice. I don't care who his father is, he could be the son of Lord Voldemort and I wouldn't care less as long as you liked each other.

You're right that your father won't really like this, and you should approach him slowly about it, but you have to understand he loves you and he wants the best for you, he just has a very bitter rivalry with Scorpius' Dad that started when the two of them joined Hogwarts. I'm sure Draco has changed now, but his parents raised him to be a pureblood brat. They loved him, and they showed him love, and people tend to accept the views of those they love as their own because they trust those people.

Do you remember Kreacher? He only hated muggle-borns and blood-traitors because those who showed him kindness believed in that, but once other people started being kind to him, he began to let go of their views as well.

Anyway, Draco was really horrible to me and uncle Harry and your Dad when he was younger, and he usually affected your Dad the most. I just want you to understand that that's why your father hates Draco and the Malfoys. He's a bit biased, but rightfully so. I'm sure he'll come round in the end though Rosie.

I think that inviting Scorpius over for lunch or dinner in the half term is a wonderful idea. Everyone can get to know him. I think you should introduce him as your friend though, you shouldn't be ashamed of him, although I'm sure you aren't. Inviting him over would also be a great chance for your Dad to finally let go of his rivalry.

I also think that Scorpius should introduce you to his father, but we can talk about that another time. For now why don't you tell Scorpius we've invited him on Wednesday of half-term break to have lunch with the Weasleys and possibly the Potters.

Lots and lots of love,

Mum xxx

Rose put the letter back in the envelope and sighed in relief, she'd been a little worried that her mother might be angry or not want to invite Scorpius but now everything was fine. She'd tell Scorpius about the invitation tomorrow. For now though, she was pretty exhausted, and she flopped on to the bed and drifted off to sleep.