Olivia eyed him carefully, her eyes narrowing in on him as he declined their help. Jackson feebly stood back but was prepared to step in if he had too.

"Jackson stand close by"

It infuriated Tommy that she didn't believe he could do it.

"I don't need his help" he hissed at her as his brow began to sweat.

"Fine, up you get then!" She said with fake cheeriness that he was certain was on purpose. Taking a step back from him she smiled but he could see through it. Nurse Heart was pissed at him for being rude.

As soon as he pushed up he felt the bottom of his spine give out and his head throb painfully. Before he could even register the movement of the room her hands where on him, trying to support him.

"See what happens when your pride gets in the way" she whispered in his ear before getting Jackson to step in.

Allowing them both to help him up he focused on her words, how they had stung and used it to fight off the pain.

Once he was up on his feet he felt instant relief. He would walk again and he knew it was because she was pushing him.

Olivia stepped back and breathed a sigh of relief as Jackson continued to support his weight.

"Let's walk over to the chair shall we?" She asked him, her big brown eyes full of relief.

"You don't want much do you eh?" He said back as he lifted his right foot, ignoring the twinge in the front of his skull as he took a first step forward.

Olivia was too focused on him to pay attention to his snarky rebuttal. Clapping her hands in delight she threw him a huge smile. It was only when he saw the pure relief on her face did he realise how serious his condition was.

This moment could of gone one of two ways. As he was helped down into the chair he watched as she touched Jackson's arm and thanked him for his help. Jackson threw her a crinkled smile before leaving the room.

"How's your head?" She asked him as she took the seat across from him.

"Throbbing"

"You should be relieved Mr Shelby. If you wouldn't of walked we would be having a very different conversation"

Tommy watched as she nervously shifted in her seat "Why?"

"With a brain injury like yours....the first week is important. The aim is to get your brain and body working in sync again. If you wouldn't of been able to do that, well, it may have been a wheelchair for you"

Tommy suddenly pictured himself in a wheel chair and felt panic flurry up his throat. How could he be the man he was if he was stuck in a chair?

Closing his eyes he swallowed his emotions down and listened to the sound of her pen as she finished up her notes.

"Mr Shelby" she asked gently but he was too tired to open his eyes, instead he lifted his hand slightly to let her know he was listening. "My shift ends soon and you'll be checked upon by the night nurse. Do you need anything before I go?"

"I need to smoke" he told her without an ounce of emotion in his voice. Even that was tiring.

Tommy listened to her delicate sigh and would of smirked if he had the energy.