"Quickly! Flaps tight down! Now watch me closely! You grasp your Mandric firmly," she narrated what she did for the class. "You pull it sharply up out of the pot!" I could faintly hear a high-pitch scream as she pulled one out of the pot.

It looked exactly as I expected, it was brown in colour though it's leaves where green. It resembled a fat ugly baby only with the texture of a tree root.

Everyone placed their hands over their ears as she shoved into an empty pot. "Now pour a bit of soil over it to keep it warm!" Neville fainted, and professor Sprout sighed.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs?" I glanced down at him, "no ma'am he's just fainted!" "Yes well, let's leave him there! Right on you go plenty of pots to go around!"

As people began to take care of their Mandrics I leaned over Neville. I gently tapped his face but he didn't wake, I shook my head and pulled him up into a sitting position leaning him against the wall. I would have to wait for him to wake up, before I could do anything.

I stood and pulled my Mandric sharply out of the pot just as Sprout had said. I glanced in front of me and saw Blaise's bite his finger. I laughed as I replanted mine.

***

It was lunch time and I was starving. I sat at the Gryffindor table as usual but this time Neville joined us. He didn't look so good, he barely ate anything. Ron sat across from me taping his wand together with spell-o tape. He sighed, "say it Harry! Im doomed," Harry looked up from his essay, "you're doomed." Harry asked me to help him with his essay so I sat next to his advising him.

"Hi Harry! Y/N!" A little boy with blonde hair held up his camera and took a picture of the two of us. "I'm Conlin Creevy! I'm in Gryffindor with you Harry!" I blinked the flash out of my eyes, "Hi Conlin..? Nice to meet you." He smiled, "you two are my heros!" I heard a familiar screech and groaned.

"Weasleys? Is that your owl?" Dean asked from across the table. It was, Errol was flying towards us with a blood red envelope. He landed in a bowl of apples and everyone laughed. "Bloody birds a menace!" Ron grabbed the note, "oh no!" Seamus laughed, "look everyone! Weasleys got himself a howler!"

The students began to laugh, most of it coming from the Slytherin table. I glared in their direction and the laughter stopped at once. "Go on Ron," Neville leaned forward. "I ignored one from my Gran once it was horrible!" I patted his shoulder and turned back to Ron.

Ron opened the letter his hands shaking the whole time, "RONALD WEASLEY!" Mum's voice boomed through the hall. Ron dropped the letter in fright, the letter floated up and took the form of an origami mouth, with sharp white teeth and red snake like tongue.

"HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER IS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" Ron nodded looking terrified and the howler floated over to me.

It's voice softened, "Crystal. Thank you so much for sticking up for your family we love you so much! Oh and Ginny dear," it turned to Ginny. "Congratulations on making Gryffindor your father and I are so proud."

It turned to Ron once again and blew a raspberry at him then ripped its self apart. Ron breathed heavily and I gently gripped his hand, "it's alright. It's not your fault you did what you had too!"

***

The DADA classroom had changed alot, and not for the better. An iron chandelier hung from the ceiling, as well as a dragon's skeleton. On one end of the classroom stands a projector that is activated by magic. There is also a blackboard at the front of the classroom. Several desks and tables can be found in the classroom as well as some sets of large windows. The classroom decoration was now huge portraits of Lockhart.